xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Grunge Look help?

Posted Image

That is a very plain image, I want to add a 20px wide, white border to it, that looks kind of grungy.

The site back ground will be white, and I want it to 'blend' together if you know what I mean....

If someone could help me out, or teach me how to do this :( I have Photosop CS by the way...

Craig.

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Posted Image

That is a very plain image, I want to add a 20px wide, white border to it, that looks kind of grungy.

The site back ground will be white, and I want it to 'blend' together if you know what I mean....

If someone could help me out, or teach me how to do this :( I have Photosop CS by the way...

Craig.

139839[/snapback]

Is that supposed to be a blank gray image?

I'm afraid all I'm seeing is the big grey box as well. Is this what you were after, or was there some sort of picture that was supposed to come up.Have you tried playing around with the different paintbrushes available to you in photoshop? I sometimes use them to add a texture or a 'faded in' quality to my images that I create.Not sure if this is what you were after, and you might have already tried it, but hey, if I was able to help you, then that would be good :( If not, I'm sure someone else will come by with another answer for you.

Is there suppose to be something in the gray area? If there is I can't see it.

Easiest thing to do - Get a blank transperant canvas. Make a new layer and fill it with whatever colour. Then get the eraser and choose a Grunge brushe and erase the outside edges to your liking...I think that's what you're trying to get?

All I can say is select it all, contract it by 20px, then inverse the selection and fill with a grunge brush :(If that didnt make any sense just say so and I will go into more detail :(:P~ Munchie ~

mmkay..well ive gotta tip my hat to you thats the best grey box i have ever seen! yes deviantart has the most brushes ever :P

for being a gray box i give it a 10 out of 10 billion