xisto Community
HmmZ

Need Some Feedback unfinished site

I'll give it a 5/10.The entire layout is nice, but I like it better when users design their entire site layout by themselves. In your case, you used PHPNuke. The reason for this is that if you used a CMS to design your site, then you're really taking the fun out of web development. Also, using a program like PHPNuke can make anyone look good which is why I like sites designed from scratch because it shows who's man and who's boy.Second, the shoutbox seems way out of place. I'd say stick it to the side where shoutboxes belong. If you can, try to change to shoutbox colors to match the site because it looks like you're trying to shove the shoutbox in users' face.Everything else is awesome! I especially like the corners or the login box. Nice! :(

i think it is very nice , but if you can make another laylout to the fourm to be shoesen by the visitors coz many visitors dont like blacken fourms , it will be better than one laylouthope that i helped you :(

cool site you designed...well donethe all frame looks very well and the main color is black.by the way you should change a good color of scrollbar for your shotbox to fit the all touch.not bad,i am willing to leave 8 of 10 for your site.keep your best... :(

I will give you a 5/10 too. I have no idea if you can modify the padding of the elements with PHPNuke but if you can you should separate a little bit the text from the box's borders. For example the "What..." in "Survey" box touches the border. I am using Firefox 1.0

Sites designed from scratch because it shows who's man and who's boy.

139499[/snapback]

I will quote you in the future. :-)

I'll give you 7/10. You must fill up your site though. As of now it looks great. But the only thing you need to do it fill up the entire page so that it will not look very blank in botttom as well as sides. However php-nuke puts me off. Why can't php-nuke allow users like mambo, xoops and others? Postnuke, and others? And for right and left menu texts should not touch the borderline, it doesn't look professional. Forum too looks quite messy unless you arrange properly.

Like ive said, I just started this, as you can see in the main menu, im placing selfmade arrows to the left, so they wont touch the borders, i could adjust the padding (yes its posible) but i thought arrows would look nicer.The shoutbox is in development too, but ill rearrange it :( (colors will match no worries)I usually create my own websites, but I found out that its a crazy amount of work, making a selfmade news system, selfmade review system, selfmade download system, selfmade user login system. This is why I started using php-nuke, as it will be a community.(btw, why use another CMS when php-nuke has all i need and its easy to adjust. I couldnt care less wich CMS i use, as long as I can skin it the way I want)Anywayz, thanks for the feedback :(

I like the layout of this site. Mine used to be similar. Could do with jus neatening up bit though and i sugest you move the shoutbox looks untidy there as it doesnt math the colour scheme of the site at all and is just plonked in the middle of the page. Apart from that ide give it a respectable 5.5/10

Well I have send an e-mail to the support desk of the shoutbox because I am using an external css but it doesnt seem to apply in mozilla..in ie however it works fine and is resized and done =/

I have completely redesigned it again :(

I found the theme too black, so i gave it more accents in red (just a bit :P)

It's not completely done yet, and please dont complain about the content because I am first doing the design before I start putting real content in it

[+] Update on site [sumup]:

*new design, less black more red

*Shoutbox completely configured now, fits nicely into the site now

*found a nice user stats script so i altered it (changed login form, content design and added pageviews)

feedback please :(

Hi,Defintely nicer!!. But i will remove the arrows and leave empty padding.

The site is definately nice. There are however, some things I would change.First of all, the background is icky. Not that it doesn't look good.. it matches and all, except for some reason on my screen when I scroll down, or such, the background flashes.Second - You don't have an image logo. They look better.Your title images look good - but they don't look right with the news titles. The red font doesn't match the title image.Though your site looks good... it looks very amatuerish. Plus, as someone said before, it's using PHP-Nuke which in itself is amatuer, though it is mostly used for gaming sites now-a-days so I guess it'll have to do.Overall: 4/10

UPDATE!

[+]

-Changed font colors for news titles

-Created and inserted 2 logos

-Finished the screenshot gallery

[-]

-Working on a block for the gallery

-Links section

-Reviews section

-Interviews section (I want to give gamer online an edge by doing interviews with game companys, if i get to reach them that is :P )

Additional feedback please?

P.S. Ill, i dont understand your comment on the background, how is it flashy, i am not noticing it, has anyone else had this problem?