xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puppeter

I Hate Dial-up Arghhhhhhh dial-up problems

OOOOOHHHH MY I AGREE WITH YOU ALL. I THOUGHT ALMOST EVERYONE BUT ME HAD HIGH SPEED CABLE EXCEPT ME. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOO MY INTERNET IS, AND IF I LOG INTO MSN IT GOES EVEN SLOWER. IT SAYS THAT I HAVE A 32 KBS INTERNET CONNECTION BUT ITS A LIAR. IT TOOK ME 52 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD A SONG A WHILE AGO. (SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT TOO BE EXACT) IM NOT EVEN EXAGERATING HERE. LIKE WTF, MY PARENTS DONT USE THE INTERNET SOO 40 DOLLARS FOR HIGH SPEED IS A WASTE FOR THEM. THERE IS A GUY IN OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD THAT CAN GET US 7 MBS INTERNET FOR ONLY 29 DOLLARS. CRAZY!I TYPED THIS IN CAPS TO SHOW MY ANGER AND FUSTRATION.

I can relate... I used to live in the country and all there was was the dial-up connection. I remember sitting up there with four windows open, so while one downloaded, the other would hopefully be up. There was a lot of waiting.Now that I've moved to the city, I've got highspeed. Which I'm very very very happy about. Mind you. A short time after we got the high speed... my annoying little neighbors cut the phone line and the repair people didn't come to fix it for a few days. I was going through withdrawl... not too fun.Do those accelorator things really work? I've never tried one before, and if they do, I'll have to take a look into it if I'm ever stuck with a slow-speed connection again...

Nice joke ive gotta say, but yea dial-up is dumb, and slow.Although! there is a solution if you use WinXP and 2000 i think, but for shure WinXP. You can make your internet 20% faster!his is how you do it, go to start -> run -> type in "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) -> Local PC policy -> computer Config -> Administrative Tamplates -> Network -> Qos Packet Scheduler -> Limit Reservable Bandwidth.When you Get to the last step, double click on it, and click enable, and then move it to 0%. And you are done, you should probably reset your PC, and you should see somewhat of a noticable change in speed of your internet connection. Hope it helped.

Nice joke ive gotta say, but yea dial-up is dumb, and slow.

Although! there is a solution if you use WinXP and 2000 i think, but for shure WinXP. You can make your internet 20% faster!

his is how you do it, go to start -> run -> type in "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) -> Local PC policy -> computer Config -> Administrative Tamplates -> Network -> Qos Packet Scheduler -> Limit Reservable Bandwidth.

When you Get to the last step, double click on it, and click enable, and then move it to 0%. 

And you are done, you should probably reset your PC, and you should see somewhat of a noticable change in speed of your internet connection.

Hope it helped.

140079[/snapback]

Wow? Really? Does that work for all XP connections? Or just for dialup? I really should do that for my Nanny when I see her next time, though I'm not sure what system she uses. But she is on dial-up and she can hardly get into anything anymore, not only because the connection is slow, but also because her computer is acting up...

Ha Ha I have a 1mb connection :(I do feel sorry for you though, I once had dail up :(Do what ever you can to get broadband, you will love being always connected and fast downloading :(:(~ Munchie ~

hahahaha yes i really understand you i have dial-up too and it sucks, i want to upgrade to broadband but my mum is just way outdated with these techonology things, and thing Cable modem it's like a programs to watch tv in the computer x_x.. *dies *

Oh yes!! Thank you for making this topic!! now i can burst how much i hate dial up XDgawd!!! It's so freakin slow!!! I can't watch a video file with out it pasuing to buffer every second T__T and then you have to wait for it to connect.. and you can't use the phone... and it cuts you off ALL THE TIME!! I HATE IT!!Oh, btw, I use to use netzero. Now you know to NEVER use it!! Get comcast high speed internet, it rocks!!!

It's slow, yes... it's simply annoying at times, but then, I use it anyway. :D It's not that I hate it, I cry out in desparation at times, but at least I found an ISP that gives free 15 hours everyday (mostly offpeak) :( The entire thing costs only about $2. :( (Actually it might just be less than $2.) Sorry, I can't give a rant in a happy mood, but you should've seen my rants about dial-up when I was so pissed off. (That was a months ago) :P:(

Aah man, the days of modem...SUCKED!!! I remember it took hours to install shockwave player, i went out to dinner once before installing shockwave, i came back hours later and it was NEARLY done. Now i have a 2mb cable connection with max 250kb/s download, i really want 10mbit though hehe!

I still have dial-up internet. I use AOL and have used it for 3 years now [ from 6.0 to 9.0 ]. I'll admit that I hate dial-up's extremely slow loading speeds, uploading transfer rates, and downloading speeds, but I've got to live with what I got. My download speeds usually stay in the range of 4kb-8kb per second. But I don't download stuff often, so it's not really that big of a deal. One reason why I don't use high speed is the fact that my IP address doesn't change, so it's much easier to get hacked. We might eventually get high-speed, but as long as my internet is fast enough to be able to work on my site, I'm content. Not overjoyous, but content.

lol. I use to hate dail up especially when I was tryna get on aol. It took forever to connect by that time you coulda wrote a letter and it would be in the person mailbox. And don't let the number that's being dailed up be wrong cuz then you have to find another number to connect with. Darm, thank god for broadband