xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puppeter

I Hate Dial-up Arghhhhhhh dial-up problems

ok.so i live in stone age in internet speeking.I just hate when i have to wait and wait for single song or picture to download, dont you....download progress:10%..download progress:50%..download progress:80%..download progress:complete!but now the song is already outdated...

LOL I know what you mean! I too have a dial-up connection and it drives me crazy. To make things worse, it only runs at half speed, sometimes less, because we have a bad connection and that's the fastest we can get. :(

take my word i hate it too.and let m tell you broadnband makes yoiu think fast.and if you use dial up after this you will find tyourself in great anger.it happens to me usually.

Until May last year I used to have a dial-up connection but now I have cable (256 kbps). And the problem is not only the speed but you have to dial at certain hours because you'll have a shock when the telephone bill arrives. I used to spend a few hours a night surfing or witing for some music to be downloaded. The movies whre excluded from the start. Even now with the cable connection I can't say I'm totaly happy because it takes around 7 hours for a CD to be dowloaded. That is still a lot...

I got cable and it takes me 15 minutes to download a whole album. It's awesome. I love it. Beats 56k $20 a month dial-up. I ony pay $30 a month for static-ip and fast cable net! woot.

I say, go for a good download accelorator. Fresh download is my favorite, and if that fails, try going with DSL. I used to have dial up, but I got dsl. At first my phone company was mad and denied my service, but I got my way :( so ask them to update your line from the poll to your house, and problem solved. Good luck!

oh yeah, and by the way, you get the same speed as cable if you get the right company. I have verizon. also, It depends how far away from the conection point you are. DSL is much cheaper too. Cable has too much power in my oppinion. I mean, what are you going to do? download the pentagon's archived files? :( go with DSL, it's just enough power. Even for downloads.

I've been using dial-up all my life and I fear I will still be using it for the rest of my life. The fact that it's AOL doesn't make it any better. >_< My whole computer just seems to be in a standstill everytime I come online.

I hate dial-up, too. I just wish I could get DSL. I doubt I'll be able to get DSL for a while. Problem is, with all the stuff I do when I'm online, dial-up is just too slow. I'm always on more than one site, chatting on instant messengers...and it slows down my connection a lot! If only there was a decent cheap DSL, or at least a cheap accelerated dial-up.

Yes first I had 33.6kb modem, which was something new for me, then after a while I bought 56kb modem and I thought my speed has increased abnormally. I Downlaoded lot of music with dialup, in one month I used 200 hours of internet :( . Now I have 1024/256 ADSL and life seems just fast with it, u can downlaod movies, programs or whaever you want. Great thingy.

Yaiy... my dial up speed is ..... 6kbps at top speed and ... 100 bytes per sec for the worse.. Yeah... it took me a day for downloading 1 song.... damn.. hey hey... lets compare our dial up speed mine is average of 4-6kbps.. how bout yours?

Mine dial up speed was 56kb (kilobits), which if you divided by 8 you get 7kB (kiloBytes). Normal download speed was around 5kB, which took 10 minutes to download 1MB of data, music, or whatsoever.