xisto Community
MechVegita

Rpg Maker 2000/2003

*sigh* I remember RPG maker, I decided to make a game, after about 1 month of learning about it, I started making a big game with everything I learned so far, then my computer got that MSN virus, and my sister freaked out. This lead to her restoring the computer, bye bye 4 months of work. (I also had school and a job, thats why it was pretty slow) :P

yup. When your comp. crashes, everyone always blames the gamer...Anyway, what are you guy's all planning to do on RPG maker? Despite the orginization, it is really limited... I personally would suggest VB or C++ for programming. They're a little harder, but have an almost unlimited amount of posibilities.>>>SIDE NOTE>>>> RM3D is comming soon. That has a better chance of expanding the known RPG Maker's relm. I've really got my fingers crossed...>>>END SIDE>>>>anyway...

Well actually I have to dissagree with Arin... rpg maker is capable of anything thatnks to the rgss scripting system install on Rpg maker Xp...with that you can edit the gaming engine altogether,...also the run down for the different makers is as follows....Rpg Maker 95: The original maker...no longer used for anything but nostalgia(probably spelled wrong.... but it has about the graphics of sega genisisRpg maker 2000:The second rpg maker program, although it is much more powerful than the rpg maker 95 program..it is still limited in the graphics department..it sports about the graphics of final fantasy 5 or 6. Also the battle system is that of Dragon warrior.Rpg Maker 2003: The most popular of the makers, it is alot more powerful than rm2k and it has a battle system on par with final fantasy games...has graphics of Lunar 2 or other simmilar rpgs.Rpg maker Xp: The newest of the makers, it has a detailed but easy to leran programming language known as Ruby. It by far has the best graphics....it can support the graphics of even the newest 2d rpgs.Rpg Maker 3d: still in development...--------For more info goto my site located on my sig...I will be updating shortly with details and downloads for each maker...

well its a free program that allows you to create games but you gotta be good at graphics or if your using the rtp(run time package) then your fine but alot of the graphics you gotta make.

But if your creating your first game use the rtp its saves alot of time don't make a dbz game because your a noob when you first start im making a dbz but i have years of experiance at this program.

it takes around 2 months to learn.

if you want the download post and i'll post it here.

139115[/snapback]

can i have the download please. I am new to rpg maker as i have naver used it before. All i know is that you can make games with it.

:( I used to use the RPG Maker a lot, but what for? I mean, you end up making a game you don't finsh. It simply hangs in the air. Unless you're really skilled (making boards, etc), you should consider getting the program. Plus, isn't there an RPG Maker XP already? I honestly prefer the 2k series because of the message box and the different battle styles (Side View and Dragon Quest-style) BTW, you aren't supposed to use the english downloaded prgram unless you bought the Japanese one. It's illegal. The person who translated RM2k got sued before, and caused widespread panic. Just some info. :D If you want to go beyond and more custom, get RPG Toolkit (if you're the type who likes programming) It's free, open source, and you can sell your games with it with a few legal notes to consider.

Actually anyone who uses Rpg maker knows that Don Miguel the famed person who brought Rpg Maker to us all was sued. But if we get the program and make a game we dont plan to sell then I dont see why it should be illegal. I really could care less about enterbrain and ASCII's involvement. I will continue to make games and when the illegal version of Rpg Maker 3d comes put I'll use that to....plus there are entire gaming communities out there on the net where no one has the bought versoin....they've been around for years and will still be here for more to come. So continue using the awesome maker and design the rpg you've always wanted to.

well its a free program that allows you to create games but you gotta be good at graphics or if your using the rtp(run time package) then your fine but alot of the graphics you gotta make.

But if your creating your first game use the rtp its saves alot of time don't make a dbz game because your a noob when you first start im making a dbz but i have years of experiance at this program.

it takes around 2 months to learn.

if you want the download post and i'll post it here.

139115[/snapback]

I messed around with that for a while, but I think I was about 12 at the time, and I kind of just lost interest. I never really figured out how to use the program, and I didn't have a good image editor. I might have to think about pulling it out again and trying how to learn to use it properly. It sounds like such a neat concept!

i used rpg maker 95 2000 2003 and xpand its quite a nice rpg maker program...i plan to test playerworlds and try making an online game too~the 3d one sounds cool, i guess ill be watching that one out :D

Yeah just make games...personally I love Rpg Maker Xp the best...I am working on a cool project right now...its got the Limit Break system from FF7 in it. Also Im adding some other cool minigames and stuff. PM me qith any details, questions or comments on Rpg Maker or my Rpg development team, [Tri_Ware] Corp.

True but for Rpg's Rpg Maker XP is the best. Easy to use, an optional coding language to enhance gameplay. Great graphics, music. I love it. I really want to have a bigger development team. So if your interested in helping make an Rpg contact me. By the way. If you want to get started with Rpg Maker Xp search for creation Asylum on google. They offer great tutorials.

For the mac???

Rpg Maker 2000/2003

Does RPGmaker XP work for Mac OS X? If not, is there another program similar that works for that system?

If somebody has an answer for me, please email me at:

Amh_preciousblondy at hotmail.Com

Thanks so much! (please don't use my email for anything else other than to reply to my question. Thanks! ^.O)

-question by Manda