xisto Community
WaZ

Creating Games Is Easy... ...with this thingy

Nice bump. Almost anything, from simple games (like pacman) to more avanced ones, even possibly some of the better 3d games of the last few years. Not at the moment however, but if someone would write an api for something like orge3d (for example), then.... It's got an extension interface, and using it I've seen GM's capabilities extend 10 fold.

can u guys teach me how to become a game programmer

can u guys teach me how to become a game programmer

That statement already tells me you wont be a game programmer. Most of the successful game maker were never taught anything, they just experimented and learned the tricks. Programming takes a lot of determination, no matter what language you use, unless of course, it's some drag-and-drop program.

I think I know some one who could help............

Creating Games Is Easy...

If you would like to build somthing simple then share it with your freinds over the internet and play it you can try Sploder.Com, there all you have to do is create a account and then you can create games such as space ships like astroids or a robot game! Hope I helped.

-reply by Shane

the only thing I have used in a game programming was java.. but that's the first and lat game I programmed.. can anyone give me sites that I can find tutorials on game programming for C++, VC#, etc???

I suggest you look at some OpenGL books -- I believe they are relatively easier than the DirectX ones. Try "Premier Press - Beginning OpenGL Game Programming - 2004". Sorry, but I cannot post it here, though it is freely available as a torrent ^_^

You can try DirectXTutorial.com as well -- it's a good source of info, though not a complete one. It's good for getting to know DX. I'm using it right now for my school game project

For some easy drag-and-drop programming, you can try Delphi, with a component called "DelphiX". Haven't used it much.

It is also important to know which platforms you use -- I assume Windows. That certainly means DirectX.

You should also learn multithreading, if you haven't already. And I believe, C/C++ has the least bloated executable, and it is the fastest one. (i don't count assembler though :lol: )

Most importantly, do NOT start making games unless you have grasped most of the concepts of programming in your language. Try some challenges, too -- like TopCoder, or IOI tasks.

Never ever made games before myself. I have a friend who makes 2D sorta ones so maybe he uses one of these sites. Well I'll ask him and bookmark the sites in case I want to make on if I'm bored perhaps.Thanks for the links!

Developing game choicesCreating Games Is Easy...

Here, there a few choice to make some game.

Clickfactory Game Factory and Multimedia Fusion 2 : Not bad, it can make creative game...I think. Such as 'Chalk'.

Game Maker : Creative game and great. But, its too easy! Easy-created-game means 'not-proffesional'

C++ : Whoah! I Give up!

3D Game Studio : I Seek some forum and I see the 3DGS is slow. And...Yes...The game is 3D. And 3DGS is a game editor that used to make Half Life. Cool but...Slow.

Visual Basic + .X file (Third Party file exported to Direct-X 3D Model file) : If Game Maker easy and C++ = Whoah...Then this one maybe on the middle! This is my dream but...Its need some patience. Its hard but not impossible (such as C++ to me /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif ). The only one that block my 'dreams-come-true' is...I don't have 3D Max.

Flash : Feel likes a cool guy when you make games with Flash. But, I often say this 'ActionScript! Why you doesn't work!'. And often...Your game ideas will goin bordered (Not Free. Your mind is not free and...The Flash price is not free too!). But...Its create a little proffesional game. And...Many flash games that creates a beautiful illustration. I not recommending you to make flash game, but...I recommend you to make flash game. Confused? I Knew it. But...Reason I like Flash is...You can make animation and beyond-powerpoint presentation. 

-reply by biyanboyz

Proffesional game makingCreating Games Is Easy...

Hello all!I have been making games in Clickteams multimedia fusion 2, but the games were slow, big (File) and did'nt look so "proffesional", so I decided to look for something more "Proffesional".

I really want to be a game maker in my future, so I started by buying a book from Jesse Liberty - C++ in 29 days . I'm reading the book in 2 months now, and only got to the day number 11, cause it's damn hard. I love C++ programming, but I want to ask in what programming language does proffesional game makers program in?I cant out how games like World of Warcraft or Call of Duty can be "written" in a source code.

I hope you can explain a little

~Dominick