xisto Community
Styx

Photoshop Cs2 whos got it? --- opinions on pros cons

I just installed the Photoshop CS2 which I bought yesterday. Come to think of it that I wasx thinking that CS2 will be much more optimized for system performance and speed but I was very much mistaken about that. Ok, this was what happened while I was trying to save an image I created with CS2.1st of all, my computer config. is thus.....Intel Celeron processor (1.0 GHz overclocked to 1.35 GHz)256MB SDRAMUsing an EliteGroup Mainboard70 Gig (30 + 40) western digital HDDswhile I was trying to save, I found out that the system was almost freezing and I launched the task manager. I was damn surprised to find out that CS2 was utilizing more than half the whole of my RAM......165 (aprox). That was really frightening cos I never thought that only one program could utilize somuch of RAM at once.I was also playing music with Media Player. I dont think that was a problem cos I always do that with CS and I never had a problem at all.I am beginning to consider uninstalling the CS2 and replacing it again with CS cos it is really dealing a very heavy and nasty blow on my processor and RAM.Or maybe I will upgrade the RAM to 512MB or more.Still contemlating though.

I just installed the Photoshop CS2 which I bought yesterday. Come to think of it that I wasx thinking that CS2 will be much more optimized for system performance and speed but I was very much mistaken about that. Ok, this was what happened while I was trying to save an image I created with CS2.

1st of all, my computer config. is thus.....

Intel Celeron processor (1.0 GHz overclocked to 1.35 GHz)

256MB SDRAM

Using an EliteGroup Mainboard

70 Gig (30 + 40) western digital HDDs

while I was trying to save, I found out that the system was almost freezing and I launched the task manager. I was damn surprised to find out that CS2 was utilizing more than half the whole of my RAM......165 (aprox). That was really frightening cos I never thought that only one program could utilize somuch of RAM at once.

I was also playing music with Media Player. I dont think that was a problem cos I always do that with CS and I never had a problem at all.

I am beginning to consider uninstalling the CS2 and replacing it again with CS cos it is really dealing a very heavy and nasty blow on my processor and RAM.

Or maybe I will upgrade the RAM to 512MB or more.

Still contemlating though.

144882[/snapback]

dude, you seriously need to upgrade the ram. even 512 hardly cuts it if you're doing anything other than tiny stuff. my photoshop ram usage regularly runs into the 350 MBs. but if u don't like it using so much, in the preferences page you can customise the amount of ram photoshop can use from your system.