xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Razor

Modem Dissconnection Random intervals

Ive had this problem for 2 years now, i surf the net websites, online games , you know the usuall stuffthen the modem/router (1MB Speed) dissconnects, i realise this when i see that the pages wont load,i get a connection interupt in the game , then i look at the modem light,and the data light stops flashing, i then have to either, turn off the modem and back on and wait 60 seconds for it to reload,and connect, or i go to my control paneldisable then enable it .Now ive asked my ISP (provider of my modem) since i have been having this problem since i got the modem it has always doing it unexpectantly dissconnects,they say its not their problem its with my computer.People say its because my proccessor (1.0 GHZ lol) is too slow so the information in the modem doesnt get proccessed fast enough so it locks up in it.im posting this here since there might be sombody that this has happened too,and im wondering if anybody knows whats happening, and how it can be fixed without any technical help from my ISP, because anything they do to try and fix it, i can basically do and nothing helps it.Thanks in Advance -_- p.s - If this is in wrong subforum, sorry:p

have you tried continuous pinging? might help to keep your connection alive.start > run > ping yahoo.com -tcalling technical support does not help me much either with my computer and isp problems. -_- i always enumerate from the very start of the phone conversation what i tried to resolve my problems, and after much thought, they just always tell me to make a NEW dialer, or restart my PC. lolz!

ever try a different modem? lol

135648[/snapback]

:D I would but im not sure how things work as , im not that technicall smart, although i am smarter than the technicall support crap,

lol i dont know if buying a new modem on its own would run with the same isp with no extra internet charges -_-

im aware i can buy like faster modems, but i dont know if that wud mean i would have to pay for that highr speed if u know what i mean,

serverph ill try out your strategy see if it helps

thanks for your support

:D  I would but im not sure how things work as , im not that technicall smart, although i am smarter than the technicall support crap,

lol i dont know if buying a new modem on its own would run with the same isp with no extra internet charges -_-

im aware i can buy like faster modems, but i dont know if that wud mean i would have to pay for that highr speed if u know what i mean,

serverph ill try out your strategy see if it helps

thanks for your support

135728[/snapback]

Eh... i had that problem for awhile when i still ran a dial up modem, cept i was runnin 28.8. Didnt know about the continous ping thing, but switchted to DSL about 2 yearsgo and never had a problem with it untill around january when the wireless router decided to go out.

Im currently runnin a B router to a G wireless card and i hold a constant 11 mbps...

dont know if that helps you any or not, changing isp or how you get the internet may help it...

I don't know much about Internet, hehe, but I do know that my Internet continuously cuts out at random times, and then comes back a few minutes later. Gets very annoying. Haven't bothered to ask anyone about it. But I do have a very slow computer, so if that has anything to do with it, then voila, haha