xisto Community
hulunes

Wiki do you know

about wiki,although this advanced web note form has come out for a long time.i am new about it,only what i know that blog is the similar to it,but wiki own more different feature to others like forum,chatroom any basing on php or asp page.do you know some info about wiki?what does wiki mean,where is it from?do you have one?i just want to know it a lot from you who used on your own.thx -_-

W.I.K.I = "What I Know Is..." -_-

i don't see the need for a wiki as of yet, so i haven't tried any of that stuff yet. far from advanced, wiki is actually supposed to be "the simplest online database that could possibly work". but then again, over the years, some improvements here and there have been added and now makes it easier for people to collaborate online, mostly technical stuff in nature. best feature is the ability to freely create and edit contents of webpages via a browser. (the thought of a webmaster allowing that makes me cringe though. :D could be prone to abuse when not properly monitored.)

head on to the biggest wiki of them all, WIKIpedia. :D
https://www.wikipedia.org/

I believe creating thing that's alike to wiki is very easy... I believe the basics of php can be use to create 1... However, having wiki does not really mean you can use wiki, you need the basic knowledge of php...

I believe creating thing that's alike to wiki is very easy... I believe the basics of php can be use to create 1... However, having wiki does not really mean you can use wiki, you need the basic knowledge of php...

135866[/snapback]

huhh...i really confused with your description.maybe when wiki at first offer to users ,there is no refered to the php knowledge.is it that hard to own and create one? :(