xisto Community
Peaktao

Uefa Champions League Semi-final Its all down to four teams...

Once again i'll have my thought before champions league ties. Now it's down to four teams and the favourites are... you know it.Milan v PSVNot much to say about this match. Why? Because while Milan has been cruising through, beating Man UTD and Inter relatively easily, PSV had barely held on against Lyon at their own turf to survive the penalty shoot-out. Milan is a BIG BIG favourite here, so the pressure might be on them a bit. And PSV's organised team cannot be underestimated. However, i can't see PSV getting through really, even if van Bommel turns in a majestic display over two legs. I can't even see PSV scoring a goal in two legs!!Chelsea v LiverpoolThere's so much at stakes in this match. First it's a symbolic battle between Old tradition of football and the New money spending culture (though it's not quite true in reality). Secondly, Mourinho is looking for a treble in his first season, and winning back to back the CL with diferent teams (He won it with Porto last year). Thirdly, winning the UEFA cup is now probably Liverpool's easier route to this competition next year after they turned in an erratic performance against Crystal Palace on Saturday. Their hope of getting fourth place in the league is evaporating really fast. Fourthly, this will be the fourth and fifth match between them this season, with liverpool losing all previous three through deflected goals and own goal (not to mention rock-solid penalties turned down). They are hoping for a revenge. Finally, Xabi Alonso is back from broken ankle caused by Lampard on the New Year day!For the first match, Liverpool may have a striker problem again as Baros was coming off injured in the game against palace and is doubtful for this match. Xabi and Cisse are back although the later can't start a match after six months off-games. Chelsea, onthe other hand is on a high following a win at fulham. They now only need two point to formally clinch the league title. And John Terry won Player of the Year award on Sunday. Oh! Arjen Robben is Back!! Not a great news for Liverpool.I expect liverpool to be compact at Stamford bridge on wednesday to keep the score level, and i think if they can contain Robben somehow, they might get a draw. An away goal would be nice too. ;-)Hope Liverpool wins. :lol:

i want liverpool to beat chelsea i hate them just because they have had a good they think there the best team in da world well there crap :lol::P:)

Chelsea is OUT!!!!! -_- Liverpool 1 - 0 ChelseaWe played as well as our other Champions League performances. Got an early goal. Although the goal is debatable whether it was in or it as not, i think we would have got a penalty if it didn't go in anyway and maybe a red card fo Petr Cech. Chelsea were hardly any threat without Duff and Robben. Without the wings they played through the middle and that suited us perfectly. Hamann and Biscan protecing the backfour and Caragher was "out of the world"! Hyypia had an excellent match too. Dudek was only called on to made one good save in the entire match.We have been written off times and times yet we proved it once again that we can compete with anyone at the highest level. Onc we can get this european form into a domestic one, we'll be a real title challenger.... hopefully from next season!p.s. Ticket to Liverpool vs chelsea ... 42 pounds (up to 1200 pounds in some cases). Burger at half time.... 3.50 pounds. Mourinho's face at the final whistle... PRICELESS. There is something Russian money can't buy.... and that' a place in the Champion league Cup final! :D

PSV was cruelly denied on Wednesday. They out-played AC Milan in both legs yet they lost on away goal rule. I never thought PSV could ever turn it around, but after i saw their performance in the first half i thought they could do it. I really think it'll be harder for liverpool if PSV had won.On the paper Ac Milan looks world-class. No doubt they are actually world class. But if they play like how they did against PSV in both legs of the semi-finals. I'm sure Liverpool can win it. We'll just have to play like we did against Leverkusen and Juventus and be a bit careful at the back coz Milan can counter with only two or three players in Schevchenko and Kaka. Their defene are rather slow however, so i'm sure Baros and Cisse will give hem a bit of run-around.Bring on Milan!! On the day Liverpool can beat anyone!

COMMENTS FOR CHAMPIONUefa Champions League Semi-final

I just want chelsea to know that the will never reach final for champion through barca,

for that let them be ready for another season maybe the will pass through different club not barca.

This season is for us BARCA FOR LIFE,club for profetional. 

-reply by DAVID TITUS

I would like to see a Arsenal v Barcelona. Firstly, I am a Gunner fan and that explain my wish of seeing them in the final. As for Barcelona, they are the team to beat in Europe. The best at the moment. And of course, both play such entertaining football that if they play to their potential in the final, it will be a cracker of a game. And by the way, there is the small matter of a certain Thierry Henry. Arsenal record scorer and is still fondly remembered (missed). So see if in Rome

Based on the first leg result, Man Utd and Chelsea are in the pole position to go through to the final and make it a repeat of last year's final. Barcelona in still in good chance but the same can't be said of Arsenal. They are in a precarious position whereby if Man Utd score one, they will need 3 to get through. Based on previous encounters, i can't remember thou of an Arsenal v Man Utd ending with Arsenal winning by 2 clear goals.

Barcelona is going to meet Arsenal in the final.I don't think Chelsea is going to win..they played defensive and something's gotta give on Wednesday for Barcelona!Arsenal are goignt o bounce back on Tuesday..Man U can't beat Arseanl at the Emirates plus I know there is goign to be a flood of goals!

Sad to say, Arsenal are out after they got beaten 3-1 at the Emirates. Heartbreak too for Chelsea, after Barcelona score an 90th min equaliser. There we have it, Barcelona v Man Utd in the finals. Should be a cracker of a game is both side played to their full potential. My guess, it will be a Spanish year with Barca lifting the ECL to add on the national team's European Cup.