xisto Community
snlildude87

Longhorn Screenshots screenshots of the new m OS

Check out these sweet screenshots I found on the upcoming Windows Operating System, Longhorn, due on 2006: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To me, it looks like Windows XP with 6 coats of wax and OS X in mixed in.

According to the screenshots, it looks like you get more screenspace because the toolbar at the top is not so big anymore.

A bad thing that will come out of this, or so I've heard, is that Longhorn will spy on you because Microsoft wants everyone to buy their software, so their company can grow, and Gates can get richer.

What do you think of these screenshots? Will you buy it when it comes out on 2006?

Longhorn screenshots have actaully been circulating around for sometime, but 5048 appears to be the latest build. the "Glass Pane" wallpaper looks nice.as for the windows menues and bars, i can only COUGH* Apple Computer Systems GOUGH*

the "Glass Pane" wallpaper looks nice.as for the windows menues and bars, i can only COUGH* Apple Computer Systems GOUGH*

134412[/snapback]

Yeah, that just tells you that every good idea that a competitor comes out with is automatically snatched up by the evil hands of Micr$oft. *tear* M$ doesn't even give other companies a chance to compete. When a new company or idea comes out, Micro$oft simply buys their idea or incorporate it into their Operating Systems/softwares, and say they made it.

On a health topic now, your cough seems awfully bad. It's turning into a "gough" now. You should really have that checked, Anthony. :lol:

Overall the Longhorn are almost same as Windows XP SP2. There is not a very much differerence. Now we have to wait for the features of it so that we can decide that we are going to purchase it or not.

On a health topic now, your cough seems awfully bad. It's turning into a "gough" now. You should really have that checked, Anthony. :lol:

134414[/snapback]

GOUGH* I've been hacking a lot over the few days and my coughs are turning into GOUGHS*, :) expect to see them turn into *HACCKKK over the next few days, :P

to coin a tern money talks bull**** walks if i where creating a new operating system and it made microsoft look like an apple II computer i would try to bankrupt them in order to to use my operatin system plus 75-90% royalties for each time its being installed purchased and what not and about that haccck shouldn't it be quaccccck :lol:

They are some Elite screenies man, nice find! :lol:It is still a bit to much like Windows Xp, not much differnce, but still exciting stuff! Is this only the BETA version? Or is this the full version at microsoft? Or is this just some guy who downloaded the BETA? I have seen LongHorn (BETA) and it was more different then that, that has gone a step towards XP, the LongHorn beta had more features and looked different, alot different! Also, has anyone found anymore screenies? It would be good to see what it looked like with like a new desktop and icons on the desktop..I.E games, programs etc... ~ hurley

It looks very impressive. Microsoft is atleast excelling in graphics. If linux can beat in this may be we can have a stiff competition between the two. My only hope is that microsoft will not make compulsory for their programmes to be installed when their OS is being installed in our systems. If there are choices for mp3 players and others it will be good.. I hate windows messenger it keeps logging on automatically... If longhorn is released I would definitely go for it...

I was just wondering if 5048 is the last version since I had installed a 7xxx version. Anyway I will install it when Microsoft will release it but be sure i'm not going to buy it ... Why? First of all it is very expensive and I'm not going to spend some few hundred dollars on Windows when I can buy a better CPU or something. I'm a programmer and i know how it is with piracy and stuff but as long as Microsoft will give us those full of bugs Windows I'm not going to pay... The single reason that I'm not switching to Linux is that from time to time I play some games.Longhorn looks great...

Yeah, the screenshots look good... but dont you think they look a lot inspired... from somewhere else.... why can't m$ft come up with something very original.. It has been long since they did so....???? what do u say?Cheers.

yeah,so curious eagerly picture to look first for next windows products.but it is reported that Microsoft declare to put off the official issue for longhorn in 2006 fall.really?which means we will wait for a long time to eat the rich(large memory high level processor) meal.

Yep, I agree. Screenshots looks verry good, we can except also more different things to be added.But question is : What do you think, how secure it will be ??I'm afradi that he'll have more bugs than XP....

Ive go Longhorn 4074 on my computer, this new version update or whatever lookes cool. But im not downloading it this time, the file is huge and you need to burn it on a dvd.