xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

Website Info From Google Check your URL

If you do a Google search on your URL--without quotes

you'll get a screen with great info on your website. Some sites get a "cache" screen which is cool (mine doesn't :lol: ) but you will get the "link back" info, plus some other good marketing stuff, like "similar sites". Remember--no " " or you'll get just the regular search results.Suz

doesnt really do anything for me... gives me options but not many of them work... and the cache is just a simple look of the webpage itself?

134136[/snapback]

If you get that "simple look at the webpage" it's a good thing. Every little bit helps. If you don't get anything on the others, it means you have some work to do--so do I. Plug in the URL of your biggest and best competitor and you'll see what I mean. My competition gets lots of info in all those categories.

To me, this is a good tool to help determine where I stand and what needs improvement. It's also free, quick, and easy, which always appeals to me.

Suz

Really nice. Thanks for sharing these tips

134209[/snapback]

You're welcome. I owe this forum a lot. It feels good to be able to pay some back once in a while.

Suz

LOL. ABOUT THE TOPIC:That's pretty helpful! That simply proves that Google is the best search engine! Similar:I even heard something similar. (Well I think it's similar) Type a phone number in Google and you'll get lots of info about it. (OK, I forgot what info) But that was in snopes.com (Snopes is an Urban Legend Reference Site) It says it's true. Is it? I can't test it because I don't know any number in the US. I don't live there. Could anyone test it for me? I think one out to use a popular number.

I don't get anything. This is the message displayed. Hmm? :lol:

Sorry, no information is available for the URL leiaah.trap17.com
    * If the URL is valid, try visiting that web page by clicking on the following link: leiaah.trap17.com
    * Find web pages from the site leiaah.trap17.com
    * Find web pages that contain the term "leiaah.trap17.com"

I just typed in the phone number of one of my old school friends and it's freaky. Apparently, it is someone else's number now. It gives the name and address the number belongs to along with links to Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, and MapQuest.So you can click and see exactly where the person lives. Kind of scary!

I don't get anything.  This is the message displayed.  Hmm?  :lol:

134285[/snapback]

Strange--I get more info from my Xisto site than I do from my real domains, and I haven't even submitted this one to Google.

Showing web page information for fun4themoney.trap17.com 

Forum :: Index

... Forum, Topics, Posts, Last Post. General. No new posts, Welcome Welcome to

the forums for The 12 Months of Christmas, CountryNaturals, ePennyPress, ...

fun4themoney.trap17.com/

Google can show you the following information for this URL:

Show Google's cache of fun4themoney.trap17.com

Find web pages that are similar to fun4themoney.trap17.com

Find web pages that link to fun4themoney.trap17.com

Find web pages from the site fun4themoney.trap17.com

Find web pages that contain the term "fun4themoney.trap17.com"

I don't get anything from yours, however. How long has your site been up? The date on my Google page is april 22. Is yours newer than that?

Suz

I just typed in the phone number of one of my old school friends and it's freaky. Apparently, it is someone else's number now. It gives the name and address the number belongs to along with links to Google Maps,  Yahoo! Maps, and  MapQuest.

So you can click and see exactly where the person lives. Kind of scary!

134294[/snapback]

That is scary. Mine is in there, but it's still listed to the people who had it before us. Maybe unpublished phone numbers are the way to go.

Suz

Strange--I get more info from my Xisto site than I do from my real domains, and I haven't even submitted this one to Google.

I don't get anything from yours, however. How long has your site been up? The date on my Google page is april 22. Is yours newer than that?

Suz

134326[/snapback]

I know. Does it have to do with meta tags? I don't think I've put some on some of the pages, could it be that? It's been online since the first week of March.

well,my site can be found in Google,exactly,not only in google some other search engine can check too.google offen pick some key word from your site to account your site on google.the introduction or decription of my site on google is a little,because i use too much grafics and less text.:)so there only find the name of my site on google,no description.

Hey, thinks for the info. I also like the google toolbar. You can get some of the same information from the toolbar. The google toolbar will show you the backwards links to your site. The google toolbar will also show you your page rank.It doesn't show you the google cache of the site, or the sites with the phrase of your URL within it.Sunkist