xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
emperor

What's Your Favourite Quote/es? Said what is it and itll say who are you.

I love Nietzsche quotes. Nietzsche was a german philosopher guy who was very.. urm.. contraversial? Two of my favourites:~ all truths for me are soaked in blood~ become what you areOf course, they've been translated from the original german. But when I'm not in a serious mood, I live steven wright quotes - One morning, I woke up and found all my stuff had been stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion"

Francis Bacon

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it"

Salvador Dali

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Winston Churchill

some of my fav quotes.

HiThere are several quotes actually that I like but I can't hink of them right now, if I remember them I will write them down as a follow up to this post.One that I like is from France and it says " A vaincre sans peril on triomphe sans gloire" which means "If you win without a danger you win without glory" which basically means if you are 6 foot 5 and pick a 4 foot 8 guy and beat him up to a pulp, you haven't proven much, only maybe that you are a coward.Patrick

Some of my favorite quotes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

"It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion."

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."

You can find lots of quotes at this website:

All those who wander are not lost.- J.R.R. TolkienWe are all faced with great opportunities, brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.- Charles SwindollGod does not play dice with the universe.Gravity can not be held responsible for people falling in love.- Einstein. And many more...

The Moment you're born, you start to die

- A friend of mine

Knowledge is Power, Guard it Well

- Warhammer 40,000 Librarium

A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy

-Warhammer 40,000

Software is like sex, it's better when its free

-Linus Torvalds (Creator of linux)

The key isn't the key to everything, but our actions are in fact the key to everything

-Me

Here's one of my favorite quotes. It's not serious or 'deep' or anything but when I heard this, I couldn't stop laughing."The Mavericks should do the Box and 1 Defense.Put the box on Kobe, and the one on everyone else."-Lakers vs. Mavericks, March 2, 2008I think it was one of the commentators who said it during the game. I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan so when I heard this, I thought it was hilarious.

I've got many favourite quotes so I've only listed a few below ;) :- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. by Maya Angelou- O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet. by Saint Augustine- Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things by Russell BakerEnjoy ;)

here are a few of mine, more to come... "... The Aristocrats!" "i'MoRe ThInK tHaN u DrUnK i Am!?!""That's A Nice Mount Me Hat Ur Wearing Officer..."A professor was once asked of the difference between cleverness and intelligence. To answer his students he said: When man reached space, he realized he could not use a pen to write down on paper, because there was no force to push the ink through. Thusly, the Americans told their best engineers to work hard. They toiled for a while and created a special pen that could write on any surface, upside down, without needing gravity. The Russians used a pencil.-RandomReject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.- Marcus AureliusI may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it.- Voltaire Life is not, in fact, like a box of chocolates. It is more like a box of Chuck Norris, roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you receive a box of Chuck Norris, you ALWAYS know what you are going to get. -UnknownBefore the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos. - I Ching Trisha Takinawa: Here comes Mayor Adam West himself. Mr. West, do you have any words for our viewers? Mayor Adam West: Box, toaster, aluminum, maple syrup... no I take that one back. I'm gonna hold onto that one. -Adam WestWeaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. -Homer J SimpsonPraise, like gold and diamonds, owes its value only to its scarcity. - Samuel Johnson And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri et Fili Spiritus Sancti-McManus Family Prayer (Boondock Saints)

Edited by .:Piper_2051:. (see edit history)

I love quotes! And I have many favorites:"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." -Joseph Addison"Have a variety of interests ... These interests relax the mind and lessen tension on the nervous system. People with many interests live, not only longest, but happiest." -George Matthew Allen"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." -Hans Hofmann"Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter." -D.H. Mondfleur"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius"Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things." -Elise Boulding"To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life." -John Burroughs"The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple." -Doris Janzen Longacre"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life." -Robert Louis Stevenson"If you can't stand solitude, maybe you bore others too." -Bob Gordon"Material blessings, when they pay beyond the category of need, are weirdly fruitful of headache." -Philip Wylie"Live simply that others might simply live." -Elizabeth Seaton"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." -Lin Yutang"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -e e cummings