xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
textus

Alice Ai Technology

Thank you for the links. i tried their download links and i was reffered here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you can start by creating an account. then create a PandoraBot instantly, you can choose his/her name, an AIML program that you want (these are the conversations that are already made, so you can talk to your bot instantlt) or create a new Qestion and Answer conversation (your Bot start with no knowledge.). you can create more than 1 Bot. I am designing 2 right now. but i doesn't have the graphics of your Bot yet, it is just the conversation. you can start creating the Flash animation by downloading free trial here: http://www.mediasemantics.com/ Enjoy!!

Alice is actually the best artificial language interpreter out there. I dunno about a forum, but I once hooked it up on Miranda (IM program for those who don't know). People actually believed that they were speaking to a real person. Except ALICE doesn't really understand weird phrases such as the ones used in messaging language and starts making stuff up.

There was a phpBB Forum MODification created that applied an Artificially Intelligent BOT to your forum. Its scripting was based on ALICE, it was comprised of AIML files, they were the "brain cells", so to speak. It was very interesting...especially when someone would post something in slang...the BOT just randomly said things...in my opinion it was a nuisance... :)

I found ALICE to not be that intelligent. She matches words like AND, OR etc to words in her database and then responds with a pre-set answer. You can ask her the same question over and over again and she will reply with the same answer. What's nice about the pandora bot system is that you can program her yourself with responses that you want and what to say in response to certain questions.

Funny thing about this, I found an A.L.I.C.E. AI and it speaks what you type in and once I got the timing correctly I had about a 10 minute laughing session going on. Needless to say don't have a robotic voice speak what you type it just weird and even possibly wrong at the same time.Other then that I think it's a more of a inconvenience to set this up right, assuming people are using the right key words for this program to work like it should. When you use it to explain what your site is about and stuff, of course I haven't seen to many sites who uses this anyways.

I've tried it, if you respect it and talk to it carefully, it may seem like talking to humans. But if you talk to it just like talking to a human, it just don't seem like it...And it is so annoying asking me to tell a story, blablabla and when I reply my name in complete sentence, it treats my name as the sentence...Quite annoying, I give it 4/10 for the effort...@Forbezlol

Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

It might seem like a stupid bot, but it really is one of, if not the, best one out there. It's hard to simulate a natural human conversation, I guess. I don't think anyone is saying its perfect; chatbots are definitely a WIP. Fun to mess with for a bit though; Jabberwacky is pretty good as well. ;) I think this one uses its past conversations to 'learn' appropriate responses and such, but it cant be integrated into anything afaik. Just good fun.

I like their thing chat with alice. It really is better than other thing I've seen before. I mean the reply and all is way better than those I've seen on other sites.

I saw this a couple of years ago, and while I agree the Chat thing is kinda dumb and it pretty much just tries to lead the conversation really weirdly, it's still pretty impressive compared to whatever else we've been able to come up with. It's definitely worth the visit.