xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Windows-mac-linux

Well there are many things win XP came up with that will hold many users with windows.i will mention some features those are not found on any other OS than XP .1) Windows xp Thumbnail feature allows us to view pictures/Video movie clip(1st frame still),HTML etc in folder.2) Windows Media Player 9 resides on your taskbar & you can view movie while you work.3)Previous windows releases do not allowed the text under icon to be transparent,XP solved this problem now we can have MAC type display on our Windows.4)Remote desktop connection & Desktop assistance are also nice features addon to XP.5)Speech recognition/Narrator is included,Hibernation is also excellent option.There are 90% desktop customers are alloted to Microsoft and 5 % Royal Rich customers are for Apple.while those remains from these use BSD or Linux or other OS.My question is Why microsoft is making Bad publicity & against the Open source movement.Microsoft made thier source available in public and claimed that it was leaked.In six months peoles are reporting the spyware problems.currently many antispyware companies are earning because of this.Micorosoft is letting thier security weak cause they want some more attention in the market .Day after Day one user is added in Linux's Bag.I know apple supports Open source & is not against it.Yes apple is overpriced but after using it we can understand why it is overpriced.Windows Xp is much esaier than Linux.(My computer in explorer> lists all drives/control panel/removable media)Linux looks slightly complicated with installing softwares,people confused with package manager often.If we talk about Mac they will not survive if they do not low down thier price.windows will not survive if linux molded as per users choice.Linux chances of survival are maximum but if softwares/games are unable to reach it ,then chances are bleak.My question is out of these three who will survive?

Well, it isnt really a question of survival. If you have noticed, each of those OS have a different support base that need to be able to handle certain tasks. Mac is ment for video and image editing because of the architecture of the system itself. Windows, is meant for the everyday computer idiot who needs a very user friendly system and linux is for more of an expert. In the end, there probably still will be 3 OS but their purposes and user base maybe will be more subjected.

there are 3 OS exsit in our life,all of them give us different feeling and curious gift when work or relax under them.i donot care about which OS to opt for self,any is ok in all.however,these OS maunfacturer are competing everyday meanwhile more good feature and function come into being to user.that is just we users mind to.Apple tiger os,Windows longhorn.and next generation of Linux will againt hotly.

these three will survive unless there are perfect OS invented which can replace those three. Chances are Linux will be the perfect one because it is open-source and users can share the bug-fix with each other and make it the perfect OS in the world. well, time will tell.

An corporation OS like Windows and Mac OS, has frames and limits, comparison to an Open source GPL OS, there frames and limits are only set for how far the computer development have come. The step to an Idiot, day-by-day user-friendly version of linux tagged Winows XP OS are not far ahead. Today I'm running both Vista and XP and there are benefits using an OS which support all kind of software and computer equipments.Almost every computer on sale, comes with Windows, and have a recovery DVD or Partition with the OS. So why bother install an other OS that I dont know much about, when i got a simple and User-friendly one that I've already purchased?

All three will survive, and OS doesn't die from one day to the other, they change, they evolve, they grow.Windows is used by the most of the computer users (they don't even know that are diferent Operating Systems to choose from).Mac and Linux are used only by people who want powerful Operating System (this includes Moms and normal people too .... don't laught :rolleyes: if you give a Mac to a Mom, is imposible for them to mess it ;)), Mac an Linux are fairly more stable than Windows, I haven't seen a single crash on my Mac OS X (it is still Tiger, I have to afford for Leopard).This is not a battle until death for the Operating Systems, it's a race, to see who serves better to the people, Mac is slapping Windows hardly now, almost no one buys Vista, and they tend to shift to Mac. Linux, is also gaining some territory. And Windows is loosing long time clients by messing up XP into Vista (do you really need a Super Computer to run Vista :D? are we crazy :D ?)Operating Systems don't have to be ruled by fancy efects or to see "who nukes the procesor first" they have to serve the needs of the people, so if your Operating System can check your email, let you surf, and stay in contact with relatives and friends, its fine for you (and if you need more, and that OS does it too, it is a perfect choice).

Maybe Windows and Linux based systems. Windows couse it is much widespread and supported, and also couse of the big database of software made for it. The Linux based systems are more stable and they are often the choice for server applications. But I think Mac will die. Sorry. It constrasts to Windows and Linux systems, couse it doesn't have the big advertisment as the Win, also the made software is tiny compared to Win. I should add. It is closed-source.

Edited by ZaM0 (see edit history)