xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

What Is Respect? an essay I had to write.

I had to write a 200 wrod essay on what respect is due to my classes behavior in front of a teacher and a priest.RespectRespect is something that has to be earned. Teachers, priests, authority figures and many other groups of people are classified as people who are supposed to be given respect. Not only are people supposed to be given respect, but people's decisions are also supposed to be respected.The Merriam- Webster Dictionary defines respect as "to consider deserving of high regard."The president of the United States should be given respect wether people think he is respectable or not. The president's decisions should also be respected. Sometimes the president makes decisions that people disagree with. Those people should tell why they disagree, but many times this comes across as disrespectful. Often it is hard to tell someone something while still respecting them.Respect can take years to earn or it can almost be earned overnight. Teachers, priests, authority figures and other groups of people spend years in school before they earn their respect. Musicians can right a song and earn respect almost immediately.Respect is ten times easier to lose then it is to gain. Respect can be lost in an instant one word, one decision or one action can loose a person their respect.People can spend their whole lives thinking of ways to earn respect, but unless they do something they will never get it.It is hard for people to get good jobs if they are not respectable.Everyone has a different opinion on respect and who deserves theirs.In contrast respect is something everyone wants and something no-one wants to loose.It came out too 255 words.

whew.. i didn't know teachers still did the whole define a word thing at detention. I remember I had to write the definition of the word scholar cuz I wasn't being a class clown. She made me write that definition 500 times..It was the most boring thing in the world. What a waste. After I finished it I 4got the definition.

Respect is ten times easier to lose then it is to gain.

I would agree with this statement if you changed "ten" to a very, very larger number. A number that may even be inconceivable by the brain. Once you've lost respect, you've lost it indefinitely -- whether you believe it or not.

HiI think you did a great job, I couldn't have done as well. I think respect is extremely important and when you get it, it shows that you are a good member of any given society.Unfortunately too often some people earn it and don't deserve it.Patrick

respect... basically... you dont get looked down upon... how do you get respect?simple, you got to let people know that your not a push-over, you stand up for what you beleive in, you stand up for your people... you stand tall, whatever the situationsure, not everyone going to respect you, but you have to make them respect you... show them your real personality if they dont like it, thats it, you cant do much about it but at least earn the respect... i think to get respect in general you have to be tough minded... however you can get alot of respect by being one of the kindest people around... but having a strong mentality is a must...

Gaining respect from someone is one of the hardest things to do. I think nowadays that it's even harder to gain respect from people than before. Most respect goes to the actors, actresses and musicians, so I guess people have some competition when it comes to that. Sure, there are people who do get respect for being kind, for not being a pushover, orwhatever, but most respect is given to those in "gaudy" careers. You have to understand that not everyone is going to respect you, that's a fact. But, if you just do what you do best, put effort into things,and stand up for what you believe in, then you will get respect from some people. It may take awhile to crack some nuts, but patience is a virtue as the old saying goes.And that's my little rant.

re?spect Audio pronunciation of "respect" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-spkt)tr.v. re?spect?ed, re?spect?ing, re?spects 1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem. 2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit. 3. To relate or refer to; concern.n. 1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard. 2. The state of being regarded with honor or esteem. 3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation. 4. respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects. 5. A particular aspect, feature, or detail: In many respects this is an important decision. 6. Usage Problem. Relation; reference. See Usage Note at regard.-_-, dictionary.com is sooo useful.

Thanks for this! It gave me ideas for the essay I have to write due to a similar situation to yours except with a substitute teacher and German foreign exchange students.-newrider3

I have to do an essay about respect too I have to write 300 words on respect because our class was talking and me and our teacher was talking to our nurse-reply by yoyo

Have to say an interesting essay is how hard it is to gain respect of someone that you may trust, or someone and/or a group of people that may have done so much for the work place and/or community, and how easy it may seem to lose it just as quickly by doing something wrong. Sure people do make mistakes, but if its a mistake that is blantant and/or have repurcussions, of course the respect factor is in risk of going down very quickly.