xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carsten

Css Trick: Hide Disabled Internet Explorer Vertical Scrollbar

THANKS MAN!Css Trick: Hide Disabled Internet Explorer Vertical Scrollbar

I was fighting two days with this! The worst browser without a doubt!!

Thanks a lot man!

A tight hug from Argentina!

-reply by Ariel

How to enable scroll bars in IE 7.0 when child elements are absolutely positionedCss Trick: Hide Disabled Internet Explorer Vertical ScrollbarI have a button and a html table with in a div, which in turn is another table and the link goes on till HTML tag level.I have set the position for the button and linked html table as absolute. This use to bring up the IE scroll bars automatically in IE 6. But the same things does not work with IE 7.0.I have tried too many combination based on the above feedbacks but nothing seems to be working for me.To put it in one line, I have html table being displayed on click of a button exactly under the button. When the information in the table is large, the data flows beyond the visible screen, but IE 7.0 do not produce any scroll bars.Any help would be appreciated.-reply by sharad0703

Thanks everybody about this explination! I take a lot of time try to erase the scrool bars and now I do it easy! It work for me in all the browsers I know! I used "overflow: hidden;" because with "Overflow: auto" give me error in Opera.Thanks a lot palls!;)-reply by realvst

Erick - I was having no luck with html{overflow:auto;} either until I added it to the "body" in css:
Html, body {
Overflow:auto;
}

-Keith Bucklen

Perfect and working, a big smile for :D.

Thanks,