xisto Community
gbjack

Adobe And Macromedia Adobe and Macromedia

Why would Fireworks and Freehand be 'killed or sold off'? Unless I misread their official statement, they are acquiring the entire company, which should include all of its products and trademarks. That I know of, there was never any mention of just purchasing part of the company or only some of their product line.

Dude that ain't happening.. If Adobe tries to choke any of the Macromedia products they are calling for trouble... The fact is none of the products of the two companies are really comparable - as in, each of them have carved their own niche. It'll be extremely stupid of them if they try to kill any of these products.. instead they should try to create something that'll allow intermingling of graphics from all these programs - and carry on the development chain for each individually. I wouldn't ever give up on Dreamweaver, Flash & Fireworks for any of the Adobe products... nor would I stop working on Photoshop.What do you guys say ?

Most companies that buy other companies normally fuse, or take out what they want from one product to enhance theirs. However, if it requires too much to get certain features out of the aquired software, they will repackage it with their name, of course, and make them all compatble with each other.

What? I must be slow or summat I didnt evan know that had happened. well I doubt that they would 'kill or selll off' free hand or fireworks, they'll most likely just repackage them as Adobe Freehand and Adobe Fireworks, or then again they could aslo just fuse them into photoshop, which would be cool I mean a Fireworks/photoshop product would just own the whole market (I know photoshop basically does already though), although we could all just keep or old versions of the software.