xisto Community
karlo

Kforum Is Now Released! I need you to test it

Nice looking forum, i havent registered yet, but i may do that soon, i dont know if you have em, but dont forget smilies, also, the login form is a bit big, lower it if you can.But it sure looks good, you got a stylesheet for it, so people can make custom skins and such?

That is a wonderful start. You could develop a nice looking forum (probably with some more features) and prove to be a big competition to the current boards. :lol:Nice job. I'd certainly like to see the development of your forums.

hey CodeName_88 this isnt an advert post for IPB >:)| i think the forum looks cool but when i try and submit any form in Opera 8 it just says Please Wait and does nothing. Nice design by the way. And if you make it really good make it freeware please :lol:

Guys! ITs Not about comparing Kforum with IPB. IPB has hundreds of staff members working for it. IT has a lot of support from many parts of the people. What you must notice here is the effort that has been put here by one single person. Making a php powered forum is not an easy task. I would have appreciated his work even if he had made a lame page layout without any colors. Because I know the effort required to build that type of a system.

Cool Forum

Guys! ITs Not about comparing Kforum with IPB. IPB has hundreds of staff members working for it. IT has a lot of support from many parts of the people.

What you must notice here is the effort that has been put here by one single person. Making a php powered forum is not an easy task.

I would have appreciated his work even if he had made a lame page layout without any colors. Because I know the effort required to build that type of a system.

132095[/snapback]

I agree, with OpaQue, he must have spent a lot of time working on the forum, I'm going to sign up with the Forums in a minute. It took me a week to come up with a layout for my website, think how work Carlo must have done to come with a forum, the forums looks really really cooool. The Blue colours ROCK!! You go Carlo, You go Carlo!! LOL, Anyway it was a nice Forum!! Good Luck.

Cheers,

.::DAMAN::.

Thank you for all of your comments/suggestions!

Nice looking forum, i havent registered yet, but i may do that soon, i dont know if you have em, but dont forget smilies, also, the login form is a bit big, lower it if you can.

But it sure looks good, you got a stylesheet for it, so people can make custom skins and such?

Yes, it's completely stylesheet driven. I don't know what's the matter with some browsers. In Firefox, it's perfect.

Wonderful, I registered there. Nice .. and I wish u luck on your project :-)

Thank you!

That is a wonderful start. You could develop a nice looking forum (probably with some more features) and prove to be a big competition to the current boards. Nice job. I'd certainly like to see the development of your forums.

Please do help me! It's really making me crazy! A lot of thinking, I had to illustrate the database in a piece of paper!

hey CodeName_88 this isnt an advert post for IPB >:)| i think the forum looks cool but when i try and submit any form in Opera 8 it just says Please Wait and does nothing. Nice design by the way. And if you make it really good make it freeware please

I am actually going to submit the source code at sourceforge.net, About the design, I did that in Fireworks, I just tried to consume my spare time, at the same time, to challenge my self. That's the result.

Codenam use qoute quote, admins might see such a long post as spamming.

As for your forum, it looks very nice. Only the features it currently has seem very, very limited...

It's just a try, I challenged my self if I can make a simple forum from scratch.

I like the graphics of your forum very easy on the eye. I sure hope that your forum takes off good luck!

Thanks. Do you know any website that teaches art? So that I can improve my creativity, if i have one. :lol:

Guys! ITs Not about comparing Kforum with IPB. IPB has hundreds of staff members working for it. IT has a lot of support from many parts of the people.

What you must notice here is the effort that has been put here by one single person. Making a php powered forum is not an easy task.

I would have appreciated his work even if he had made a lame page layout without any colors. Because I know the effort required to build that type of a system.

Thank you for the inspirational comment. That's just a challenge to my self. I love to challenge my self because in that way, I will learn new things by my self. Then, I will be really proud of my self.

I agree, with OpaQue, he must have spent a lot of time working on the forum, I'm going to sign up with the Forums in a minute. It took me a week to come up with a layout for my website, think how work Carlo must have done to come with a forum, the forums looks really really cooool. The Blue colours ROCK!! You go Carlo, You go Carlo!! LOL, Anyway it was a nice Forum!! Good Luck.

Thank you... a friend of mine said that the color makes him sleepy! Is that true? It took me more than 2 weeks. I think it will probably be shorter, well, I took a break in PHP. I studied Video Capturing for a few days, then back to PHP. Well, it's hard...

Thank you for all of your comments/suggestions!

Thank you!

I am actually going to submit the source code at sourceforge.net, About the design, I did that in Fireworks, I just tried to consume my spare time, at the same time, to challenge my self. That's the result.

Thanks. Do you know any website that teaches art? So that I can improve my creativity, if i have one. :lol:

Thank you... a friend of mine said that the color makes him sleepy! Is that true? It took me more than 2 weeks. I think it will probably be shorter, well, I took a break in PHP. I studied Video Capturing for a few days, then back to PHP. Well, it's hard...

132376[/snapback]

Yeah, it doesn't work on any IE based browser, IE, AOL, Yahoo!, etc... Are you using any javascript, because by default it is off on IE.

Yeah, it doesn't work on any IE based browser, IE, AOL, Yahoo!, etc... Are you using any javascript, because by default it is off on IE.

132472[/snapback]

Try it again... It works in Internet Explorer, here on my pc.

GM-University, I never heard that JavaScript was off by default in IE. When I got my computer, JavaScript was on in IE.Also, nice forum, karlo! Yes, PHP is very hard. I bet that took a very long time to code! I would register, but it'd be a waste of an account. I just don't chat on many forums. Xisto and my own are the only two, but I will register if I decide to join any new forums. Keep up the good work!

Nice Job Karlo, you got it from the MyPHP Forum Code base right?

132565[/snapback]

Nope. It's written from scratch. I had to used a piece of paper to plan everything. Especially the MySQL Tables.