xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Netbux.org : Real Or Fake ? Problems & Flaws

Hi,

Yesterday someone had made a post at Xisto ( http://forums.xisto.com/topic/83374-earn-lot-of-money-searching-002-x-search-no-need-to-click-results/ ) about this referral + search site name netbux.org that pays you $0.02 for every search you made through their page. Out of curiousity I dropped by and opened an account there. First of all - it isn't even a search site - it simply redirects your search to another popular engine, which you get to pick from a dropdown box along with your search string.

Ever since then, I've faced quite a few problems with them:

1. Not all searches get counted properly - this might be a flaw of their script. They do say that repeated searches won't be counted - each search has to be unique. But their script is SO BAD, that it ignores searches even if they contain ONE common keyword.

Say, I searched for "VB.NET Aqua Button" and then searched for "VB.NET Custom Dispose Method" - goddamned thing ignored the second search completely - I ask you, What's common to both, other than the fact I searched for something to do with vb.net but for completely unrelated types of code ?

2. Second problem - today morning - it completely disregarded 3-4 of my searches - never credited them to my account. My account balance stands at what it was due to 5 searches yesterday.

3. And now, it's gone for a complete toss. Everytime I do a search I simply land up with this message: Paid searches must be conducted from the Netbux homepage.

I reloaded their page and tried - thinking it was a problem with session cookies. DIDN'T WORK.

I tried at least 20 different (completely unique) search strings with NO COMMON WORDS. DIDN'T WORK.

I tried logging out of my account and logged back in again. Searched. DIDN'T WORK.

I've been trying ever since - STILL DOESN'T WORK. Always gives me that same message.

What the hell is going on ? Do they seriously intend to carry forward this so called paid search business - or is it just another internet scam to draw a lot of hits to their page ?? I think it's more of the latter. Tell me about your experiences.

A very very angry & pissed m^e :o

P.S. Still if anyone wishes to signup for this service, I'd be obliged if you use my referral link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I want to see what comes out of it.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Well, the problem is basically from their bad scripts as you said. I have never even heard of this website. Infact, this is my very first time of hearing abou it.Maybe I am gonna give it a trial and see what happens.

I will check it out and see what it going on with it. I don't trust these making money things online and so we'll see just how easy it is. Do you have to pay anything?

too bad it pays via PAYPAL only. :o i don't have paypal (nor is it offered in our country anyway), so even if can register, i won't get paid. :D anyway, it smells of a scam with all the loopholes enumerated above. a program which promises to pay net users BUT disregard proper functioning of it's scripts is bound to fall and fold in due time because it cannot deliver its promises. it would not be worth the frustrations one expereince. :D better stick with trusted and well-established programs.

I'm giving it a try, too, since I didn't verify my PayPal-Account via a money transfer from my real bank account (they don't even have my real one) nor via any other way.I suppose I'm good enough at making up unique search strings but we'll see how it works out...

"... the pay-out is too high ..."That's the point with these GPTs (get paid to ...)They offer to pay you only if you reach a certain payout level.Do the arithmetic: If they pay 0.02 per search and the payoutis say $20, how many searches do you need to do? 1,000! andthey have all these tricks in place so that a lot of your csearchesare not counted. Wait until you are nearing the payout level andsee that you'll almost never get there because of technicalities.Then you realized you've been had. After days and days ofwasting your time.My advice. Don't bother. Concentrate on improving your websitesand placing CPM/CPA ads instead (or AdSense). You'll get real moneyfrom legit sources, guaranteed.

It would require 2500 searches to finally get the $50 so yeah. It kinda isn't worth it. I'll use it and then if I happen to get 2500 searches at some point in time that would be great but until then :lol:

It seems to be working now - I'm still checking it out. Lets see what comes out of it. Meanwhile, someone had gone to their forums and posted a link to this thread. Guess what - they moved it to their SPAMMAGE forum, because it's a negative review ??? What kind of attitude does it portray ? If I were them, I'd keep it PINNED somewhere in public view and improve my service to prove the accuser wrong. That'd have been the perfect slap-back !

Sheeeesh !!

It seems to be working now - I'm still checking it out. Lets see what comes out of it. Meanwhile, someone had gone to their forums and posted a link to this thread. Guess what - they moved it to their SPAMMAGE forum, because it's a negative review ??? What kind of attitude does it portray ? If I were them, I'd keep it PINNED somewhere in public view and improve my service to prove the accuser wrong. That'd have been the perfect slap-back !

Sheeeesh !!

131988[/snapback]

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ DOES work, although I don't know for how long. So far in 3 days I have made $8. You only make 2 cents a search but that is a lot more than most payout search sites. You are limited to 40 searches a day x 2cents = 80 cents a day. Not much but you get paid for each person you refer to the site as well, they get thier 80 cents a day and you get 80 cents for them as well

So, if you have 10 users at $24 a month thats $264 a month for searching...not bad. Payout is $50, so if you dont have anyone under you it will take you 3 months to get to payout.

There was a forum but its down now, inside there were users post how much money they made, some made decent cash each month. Reason I said I was not sure how long it will work is because I am not sure HOW the owner (chad something) gets his income. Ads are only paying $100 a week and so far I have only seen 3 or 4 at most. You can also buy unrefered users for $1 each. I forked over $10 for 10 users but I have yet to see them, the waiting period is 'at least 7 days' notice 'at least'

Anyhow, if you try it, post your results. I'm hoping to get to the $50 mark to at least get my $10 back. :lol:

It looks like a good pay-to-click program, but their must be flaws in it.Im guessing that a lot of people will make certain programs to do searches by itself, therefore getting a lot of money, although it doesnt say anywhere what the minimum payout is.If anyone is getting payouts can they please post here? Or tell me what the minimum payout is?Cheers.

:D How could anybody resist such a glowing testimonial? -_- I rushed right over and signed up under you right after reading your post. I'm going to get my son to sign up, now, and I'm sure he'll keep it going. I'm not sure how many levels down it goes, but you should be sipping champagne on your yacht by Christmas, I'm sure. :D Suz

Sheeeesh !!

131988[/snapback]

DUH! :D I read a glowing review of this product somewhere else, but didn't sign up. Then, I read your honest evaluation, decided the "real" downside wasn't as bad as what I imagined the other review either didn't know or didn't want to tell, so I signed up under you. BTW, this was the first thing like this I've ever signed up for, so getting my name on the dotted line isn't easy.

I did discover a serious drawback, however. If you're on an old, slow, dialup connection (which is what we country mice have to contend with) it takes at least 4 times as long to search through Netbux as it does to go straight through Google. If I sat down and concentrated on just this program, it would take well over an hour at my connection speed. Naturally, you city slickers with your $#@^ DSL, broadband, and all that fancy stuff don't remember what the blue bar looks like, so you might not notice the difference. -_-

Suz

Yet another update to a topic we've already beaten to death. -_- 1) Yesterday, I posted that Netbux was too slow. Well, yesterday it was too slow. Today it's fine. Who knows whether the problem was me, them, sun spots, or those little green men nobody can see but me?2) When you search from Netbux, their URL stays on top. That means the Google PageRank function doesn't work--no biggie unless your search is for high-ranking sites.3) If you're searching for sites to link to, or you need to copy the address for whatever reason, you can't pull it off the address bar, for the same reason as #2--it's the Netbux address that shows up, there. What you can do is right click on a safe, blank area of the site you're on--not an image or a link--and select "properties." You can copy the URL from that screen, but make sure it looks right. It isn't always easy to tell if your mouse is really pointing to the main page. I don't mean to be vague, but I'm not all that technical.After a couple of days working with Netbux, I think it's a nice little sideline--like an affiliate program--not a new career path.Suz