xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvovk

Suicide ..what do you think of it... :(

Ok there is topic about life, wars... I am wondering what do you think of suicide, about people that commited suicide, why did they do that, what could their friends or family do to prevent this.My opinion is that stress influnces people differently, some people don't care about pain or bad things that happened to them, some people might be very sensitive and bad things that happened might influenced them in very distracting way ffrom which they saw dead end only. Looks like rule of the strongest applies for humans too. Too bad that people don't see people that are down and blue, not talking to anyone. Sometimes we can't find time for our friends that are down, which in some cases, if situation is really bad, might lead to a suicide.Do you think suicide is selfish act? Sometimes I don't think it is. This is mixture of feelings, things that have gathered together and are really frustrating. If we think that friends or our loved ones are selfish if they did suicide, then we might asked our selfs if we did everything to prevent their misery.Maybe I have written this in a confusing way and hopefully you will understand my point.Ok, now everyone says nice things to their loved one today, so they see they are welcome, if you haven't done so today.Best regards, RObert :o

How I think obout suicide is that all people have their own struggles, the one more then the other, but some will eventually won't another way out of theirs and choose to end their life, not knowing the only making it harder this way.Let me tell you first I do believe in re?ncarnation so my own philosophy tells me that when you struggle trough life it has some reason one way or another and when you end this struggle "easy" you will end up in a struggle wich can be even more difficult, cuz all struggles, and of course all good things, are meant to learn from. Yea I see life as one big school and when you pass you go to a higher level of consiousness. And to pass you'll need to learn right? My conclusion is that suicide is not a recommended option but at times I can understand why people do it :o Peace

I think suicide for any reason is just crazy. Why sacrifice your life for territory? People may say the land represent your beliefs in everything but there are plenty of ways to demonstrate how you feel against a person then just killing youself. I think suicide should only happen as last resort..When you exhausted all ways to speak and fight against wrong actions.

Some point in everyone's life they will think about Suicide. I don't really know many people who haven't thought about killing themselves. I guess it IS due to our emotions. When I feel down and I feel I have let down my mum, i think about killing myself and how to do it, but I know better than that. It's just a thought at the back of my mind that comes back up when I'm down,depressed or angry. My friends,most of them, have not been through what I have been through and so I put on a brave act at school. They all think i'm a happy happy, agressive person. When people commit suicide they mostly think that no one understands them, but somewhere in this world someone will. My friend slits her wrist and throat.. and all her friends say she does for attention seeking and that she doesn't have any problems, well how do they know. My friends are like that too and it's sometimes annoying. I say something and because my friends don't agree they straight away say to me YOU LYER... Suicide is just life. It's kind of a part of you, if you understand what I'm talking about. Thinking suicide somehow makes me a stronger person.

Well this is what I think of suicide in general. I have tried to commit it 52 times. (damn kids, never follow through with anything) I don't really deter those who wish to do so from it, but I ask them to make sure they have thought of everything before they do it. What parents, friends, associates, what they are possibly impacting if they go on with it. They say you can never truly stop someone who really wants to, I believe this to be true.

I used to believe that suicide was a persons way of cheating at life. A person has to live from birth to death and face all obstacles that happen to get in their way in order to progress to the next level of spirituality which depending on religious beliefs could be heaven, hell, another incarnation or whatever. Its like a race only that who finishes first is unimportant, only the race itself matters. When someone commits suicide they are cheating by taking a "short cut" to the finish line. I developed this belief after someone close to me committed suicide in my youth. I have since changed my point of view.I now know that suicide is a result of depression which is now known to be a medically treatable condition. When someone goes through a physical or emotional trauma, certain chemical changes occur in their brain. I do not remember the exact chemical the brain produces, but the brain depends on a very delicate balance of shall we say "happy" chemicals and "sad" chemicals. When this balance is disrupted it causes the person to act irrationally. This applies to a high amount of "happy" chemicals as much as it does "sad" chemicals. When a person has a high amount of "happy" chemicals they will usually act very hyper and usually somewhat annoying. (this may be bad for your social life but typically not dangerous) On the other hand, when a person has too much "sad" chemical, they begin to feel tired and lazy. They often feel physically sick or have body aches. The longer this "sad" chemical is in high concentration the more it will affect the individual causing them to stop performing their normal daily routine. The may stop showering, stop going to work, disassociate themselves from their friends and family. And ultimately they may begin to think about suicide.So if you ever feel suicidal, or know someone who is, don't go giving them a pep talk thinking it will save them. (although it might help temporarily) As I said before depression causes suicide and depression is a medically treatable condition. The best thing you could do is bring them to a doctor. The doctor can prescribe medication that will help to restore the balance of chemicals in the brain. It may take a few weeks for the medications to work however so keeping a close eye on the suicidal person would be recommended until they have recovered.Unfortunately I have spent far too many hours in my life trying to understand this, but maybe the viewpoint I have shared here might help any of you who are considering suicide, of have lost someone to it. Life is precious please don't waste it. :lol: zippy77

I've always considered Suicide more of murder by life. A person only wants to die if it hurts them to live. No one just wants to die to see what its like. Really, the pressures put on the average person from society, whether it be monetary, emotional, intellectual or other, all of these factors play into the reasons why a person would consider it a waste of their time to continue living. Its just like being at a party surrounded by people you dislike; at some point a person just decides they don't like the world that surrounds them and gives up.I think if we stopped having such outrageous expectations on people in this world things would be better. Unfortunately, that won't ever happen. That being said, I can totally understand why a person would kill themselves. It takes a lot of balls to do it; I would go so far as to say the bravest people in this world are the ones who aren't here anymore.

I would go so far as to say the bravest people in this world are the ones who aren't here anymore.

131598[/snapback]

So you think that those who commit suicide should be praised for bravery? I think that is backwards. It takes much more bravery to stand up to the problems in your life and take control of your emotions.

For example, if I was a million dollars in debt, my wife was murdered, bla bla bla...

It would take far more bravery to hold my head high, face my debts, and heal enough emotionally to maybe once again get married. That would take bravery every day for the rest of my life right?

Or I could be brave for only one moment and blow my brains out!

Its not a blanket statement. It doesn't apply to every case. On the one hand, theres the case you just put forth (which, by the way, is a case of the burdens of society, ie debt, murder).That being said, I wasn't saying that suicidals should be praised for their bravery. I AM saying, however, that a person commits suicide when they decide that it is what is best for them to do. I do NOT think a person should be considered weak for killing themselves.I had a friend who shot himself in the head, and his father came to home to find it. He called the police, and started trying to clean everything up, obviously in tears the entire time. Finally it became too much for him and he picked up the same gun and shot himself in the head. Now his wife is without a child or husband and shes the most on edge person I know.I think it unfair to judge the father for his actions; if I came home to that I would probably do the same thing. His "bravery" or more importantly, "decisiveness" comes in the fact that by committing suicide he is directly hurting his wife and extended family. But he obviously preferred that to living for the rest of his life with the pain.You can't judge suicidals because life is a personal experience. Just because you wouldn't kill yourself in a situation doesn't mean it wouldn't be appropriate for anyone to ever kill themselves in that same situation.

I dont know anyone who hasnt thought about it even once. So much of our lives is spent trying to perserve our life, fitness, makeup, cosmetic surgery, we are afraid of death and dying, when someone dies we say they have passed away or they are no longer with us. There must be some meaning in living if we hold on to it so closely. I think its a selfish act, and Ive had some hard times but when I think about what I could do with my life I rather stick around and wait for gran and great gran kids to bounce on my knee :lol:

Ok Abazzams. You make a good point. The problem is that suicide can never really be understood by the NON suicidal population. Those who have no thoughts of suicide always say "don't be stupid" or similar comments. Which only drags the individual down more.The only NON suicidal people who can TRULY understand the reasons for it are those directly affected by suicide. (like in your example) I have. And you have. Yet we still have somewhat different opinions.This has been debated by governments, religious groups, and philosophers through out history. I really doubt we will come across any revelation here that could stop it from happening to others, but at least our opinions written here might help someone should any of our awesome members at Xisto feel suicide might be the right way to go.

the problem with suicide is that it solves all of your problems when everything is going wrong and when you hate yourself because of things you done or said. it seems like an easy solution...and it is. but only for those who are completely alone, abandoned by their parents, friends, and all other connections to the outside world, outside of yourself. if someone like that killed themselves, no one would know, most people wouldnt even care. when someone succesful wants to kill themselves, it causes controversy, (who gets the money). when someone loved wants to kill themselves, it causes deep sorrows in all who loved him (why, why, why, etc).i think i just went all over and mised my point.while I can't sit here and tell you suicide is wrong and immoral, I can tell you that anyone who does commit suicide ruins things for other people.i dont know how to put it, "lacking?" I have something really "enlightening" to say but I can't put it into words, I'm sorry. I tried. :lol:

its simple one can be enlighten if he cannot chose path :P woohoo its sounds like a monk :lol::)

I can't truly say that weak people commit suicide but I do know a lot of people who wouldn't waste life either unless they truly were dying for a good cause. I am just not altogether sure as to what I think about those who commit suicide because of their own personal gani or about those who do it because they realize that if they do it will help others.

i think suicide is a horrible thing to do. i dont see why people would just throw away everything they have just because they are having problems at the moment. i think that people commit suicide because they do not want to deal with everything that is happening around them. but in my opinion, instead of just ending everything, i would really try hard to improve things. how many suicidal people do you think actually go to someone else seeking help? i believe it is important to try and work out your problems and improve your situation. people who dont share some of their feelings most likely have all of the bad things happening to them just piling up inside. then when they cant take it anymore they commit suicide. they give up hope on the present and the future.not only will suicide effect you but it will also affect the people around you. it would be horrible if someone i knew committed suicide. especially if they were someone i was close to. they would have to suffer because someone else is unable to try and fix their life. i think committing suicide makes you a coward.