xisto Community
Boomerang

Old Computer

Mine can be a strange suggestion. I have read that others have suggested Gimp or Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I don't know how Photoshop work but i'm sure that Gimp isn't very good for and old PC and PSP is very slow. So I suggest to try on your PC Dogwaffle, it's completely free and it has a lot of features as other more famous software. On my PC work fast, and my computer isn't a bomb (I have 1.2GHz and 384MB RAM). It's free and you'll not spend anything, so why doesn't try. You can find it at Dogwaffle 1.2 Free

Can I just suggest, Next time give the full computer specs, SO then people know how bad your computer is and can give you a link to the right program...  :D

131361[/snapback]

Allright i'm sorry that i doesn't do that this time :o

But thanks for all the posts here :D

Boomerang

My computer is also a p133 but i run Windows 98 and i have much games on my pc. Do you need ME For Gimp or run it also on Windows 98???

130532[/snapback]

What ever you do dont get WinME. It is potentially the worst of them all.

I Have an Old Computer and Does anybody knows A good Painting Program for an old Computer??

130461[/snapback]

If you have Windows 98, you must have Windows Paint. Give it a chance and really dig into it. You'll be amazed at what it can do, but all it's features aren't obvious, and some require creative use of the clipboard. Post your exact requirements and maybe I can help. I wrote a whole tutorial thing for kids with Paint, but it was so long ago I've forgotten more than I remember. LOL!

Suz

And as Wuzzie, said we need computer specifcations in terms of RAM and what kind of paint program would you like? advanded? basic? paid version? free version? type of operating system.. maybe if you are using a Windows O/S you could use the basic paint program provide..

If you can get a hold of it look for Paint Shop Pro 7. It is the last release by JASC before Adobe bought them out and made Paint Shop Pro a crappy 2nd to their Photoshop.

I used to use it all the time when I had Windows 98 and still have a copy of it that I use for minor jobs and it does some stuff just as good as my Photoshop CS2.

I DO NOT recommend any versions of Paint Shop Pro past 7 because like i said Adobe PURPOSEFULLY made it suck so that Photoshop had no competition. IF you wish for something newer use GIMP.

GIMP may run on windows 98, I haven't tried it personally.

Also one problem with your post, There are more factors to runnign a program then the platform, if you want to know for sure if it will run you need ot know AT LEAST your platform, your processor speed, the amount of RAM you have and the amount of free hard drive space you have. (also if its a game you may need to know what kid of graphics card you have, what version of graphics drivers you have and what kind of sound card.)

Paint Shop Pro is a great option. It used to be a wonderful image-editing program, and a strong competition to those high-end programs like Photoshop. It is only matter of choosing the right version for your OS and hardware, the one that runs best with both of them. Google for it; there are still several evaluation versions around of those oldies.Best regards,-L.