xisto Community
chinfo

Harry Potter 6

I can't wait, Harry Potter is awesome. I love the books they are just soo interesting and well awesome! lolHas anyone else got the WHSMITH deal thing? I did, lol. How pathetic am I :unsure:The books are definately much better than the movies because the movie cuts parts out because of the cost and time.My friend read the last book out ,I think it was the order of the pheonix or something , in 3 hours! It took me a week to read it, lol, because it was quite thick.

Okay people, actually from wha JK has stated, the half blooded prince was orignally going to come in the chamber of secrets, she says she has gotten rid of all or at least most traces of it that were in the second book and so I believe it will be a new character.I admit I orignally thought that it may have being Hagrid, because of him half-giant but I am now convinced it will be someone new

Hagrid isn't a half-blood, well at least not entirely.. But I can't wait to read it, I think it will obviously be the new character that she released the description of, the one that looks like a lion sort of... But that's beyond the point, I can't wait to read this book, only one more full-day to wait before it's released!!! (today doesn't count, it's 10 O,Clock at night... :D)What are you doing to bide the time, I was re-reading all of the books, and watching all of the movies over again, but I finished them. Then I started wroking on my site (got a ton done too...) but then my account got suspended and now I'm posting to get more credits. I still can't wait till this book comes out!!! I hope my account is un-suspended by tommorow, because I don't know how long I can post for... B) Wating for this book> :P and waiting...> B) still waiting...> B)B):DB)

yes! i got it in my hands!! im so excited! even though it's length is like the prisioner of azkaban, anyways im really happy! n_n! i can wait to start reading! but im in my computer classes, so i can't really be reading... grrr

Oh man...I just got through Half Blood Prince. Overall, the story was great (being that I readi it from saterday the 16th to Monday the 18th). I'd recommend this one to anyone who likes a fast-paced adventure with loads of plot twists and turns. Even if you don't like reading this one is a must (I know, I don't like reading myself :D).

Ok i already read it, and OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!11!!1 it's awesome! i was in some parts almost crying my balls out xD and was like "awww" in others of course i must admit that in some parts was b-o-r-i-n-g all this background stuff, but the end of it was so... dramatic and the pairings.. awww?!!!!!! :D

Ok i already read it, and OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!11!!1 it's awesome! i was in some parts almost crying my balls out xD and was like "awww" in others of course i must admit that in some parts was b-o-r-i-n-g all this background stuff, but the end of it was so... dramatic and the pairings.. awww°!!!!!!  :(

163338[/snapback]

That's almost exactly how I feel :D I'm not sure if I was bored at all; I thought the background stuff was reasonably intriguing. This is definitely better than the fifth book, which I thought was slightly dragging (only slightly, don't flame me! :(). Almost my favorite in the series already.

[below is stuff that is off-topic: perhaps a moderator could read this if he/she has a couple of minutes on hand]

On a side note: I just started a new thread for people who've read HP6; I know this thread is for HP6, but it's running into four pages, I thought the discussion would be more organized if people who've read the book could talk about it separately - just my opinion, of course. However, by the looks of it, the thread is deleted, and I am sure whoever deleted it had good reason to -- but I'm just curious, I'd like to know if it was a breach of the ToS, if I was doing something wrong - I would like to know so that I avoid making the same sort of mistake again! I was a little surprised that it was deleted w/out notice :D Like I said, if nothing else, I probably deserve to know why a thread I started dissapeared...

i'm still reading it at the moment, i'm at page 381 now.but my brother and my little brother wanted to read it first :@grrr... i would like if i could put a hex on them... :D

have Iposted here yet? Iread all of the book on the first day of my holiday -_- It was o.k I wanted more though.. now I'm craving to watch all the Hp movies out in a row.. btu Idon't have emlol

I really liked the 6th HP book and I think it's one of the best books in the series.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is well-balanced, much more so than the previous 2 books, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (OOTP) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (GOF), which while well-written too, were bogged down by long periods of misery in Harrys life. The new book is at once entertaining, witty, mysterious, exhilaratingly exciting, as well as solemn and thought provoking.

The only flaw I can really find in the book is the death of the well-loved character Dumbledore, but is it a flaw after all, or simply something that had to be?

When Sirius Black died in OOTP in 2003, fans were devestated, and now there are fans who are mad at J.K.Rowling too, but to me it really seems that they have missed the entire point.

I mean to me, the bottom lines of the Harry Potter series are love and choices. As popular alternative-rock band Coldplay says in the song What If:

Every step that you take Could be your biggest mistake
It could bend or it could break
But that's the risk that you take

The characters in the books make choices that affect their lives in different ways. By choosing to go after Harry, Voldemort set the prophecy in motion, thereby guaranteeing that Harry would be marked as his equal. And as Harry is told in Half-Blood Prince, he has the choice to either go down fighting, or allow himself to be dragged into the fight.

J.K. Rowling is truly one of the worlds most prolific writers. In her work there are lessons we can learn today through unsettled times, against all evil, we have to be strong, we have to keep on fighting for what is good, for the right to be who we are and live our lives the way we want to, because love makes all the difference, and if there are still people willing to fight, there is still hope, but it is completely up to us... -_-

And of course, I must pay tribute to Dumbledore...

For all that you have done, for all that you were, we will always remember... *leaves a rose*

I just finish reading HP6 a couple od days ago, and yes it was a really good book in my view. Yes the death of dumbledore strike us all, We must move on, and notice how great the book is. I love how the book goes, its mysterious, funny, exciting and all sorts. The snogging part was kind of.icky..but it was really funny. The new development of explaing vildermort's life was great. I love it when a new past was revealed and now all the parts of the puzzle begin to fit together. It was cool how everthing lead dark at the end, which will make the 7th book great.