xisto Community
iGuest

The So Called "vent"... Yeah, ok.

Hey, you tell us to watch our language and then you come up with a title like this:

Trapped In *BLEEP*! [TIS] (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) *NEW!*

Isn't this a double standard? If I use the word *BLEEP* in my posting it gets bleeped out. :) See what I mean? In fact now that I previewed my post I see that it even got bleeped out in the quote. Me thinks you should come up with a better forum title than this. It is very discriminating for certain persons to be able to use this kind of language when posters to the forum are not allowed the same privilege.

haha I find it quite funny actually.. but then again.. I wouldn't complain if the staff swore and still said no swearing.. it's their site =) Not that bad language is a big issue really.. but whatever! I can express myself just fine with or without "foul" language.

I tend to agree with Mich too... not that I'm offended or anything but with the extreme word filters in place, that forum title is an insult to all members who try to stick to the rules and still get bleeped out because of the low tolerance filters.

It doesn't matter what you post in the vent as long as you edit your foul language. After the added trappedinsh**.com was added I think that in the vent you should put it to block nonmembers and members under the age of 13 anyway

I don't remember your post or the events that transpired, but I can say in your defense that any language deemed unfit for children visiting the sites is inadmissable. There are worse things being sent to your child's inbox than a few bleeped over words in these forums, whether the origional word is recognized by the context or not. I suppose if your post was "*BLEEP* this" and "cracka that" or some neo-nazi anti-jew stuff it would seem to break the "within reason" part of the Vent rules. Oh well, live and learn I suppose

I really like the Vent and i think they should keep it. I don't know why bad words when they are bleeped out should even be considered bad. I think you should be able to say whatever the *BLEEP* you want. HAHA ok please don't warn or block me, i was simply making a point. My point, by the way is, the word is bleeped out right? So how do you know i even cussed? How do you even know what word i used? You can't in both cases. I believe as long as the words are bleeped out and you don't somehow write the words so they are not bleeped you should be able to type whatever you want. Like if i were to write the "F" word here and it was bleeped and i came back and tried to write it out so it was not bleeped, then yah, maybe warn or block the topic. I think it is also hypacritical to have the *BLEEP* trappedinshi** and not being able to type *BLEEP* in this forum.This was my vent about the vent in vent!

However, I do not and never have encouraged the use of profanity, and in my honest opinion, it makes the user look immature and foolish.

That was said beautifully, my friend. I've always thought that about movies, too. The characters that keep their cool and don't swear incessantly seem more intelligent.

Hey, you tell us to watch our language and then you come up with a title like this:

Isn't this a double standard? If I use the word *BLEEP* in my posting it gets bleeped out. :) See what I mean? In fact now that I previewed my post I see that it even got bleeped out in the quote. Me thinks you should come up with a better forum title than this. It is very discriminating for certain persons to be able to use this kind of language when posters to the forum are not allowed the same privilege.

Ditto. I believe that an owner has the right to do whatever, but when I have to scroll down the page when someone walks in the room while I'm typing... I just think we could do without.

It doesn't matter what you post in the vent as long as you edit your foul language. After the added trappedinsh**.com was added I think that in the vent you should put it to block nonmembers and members under the age of 13 anyway

What would a 13-year-old have to vent about on a computer, anyway? When I was 13 and wanted to vent, I think I pretty much yelled and vented to (or at) whoever was closest to me. What has the world come to...?