xisto Community
munim

Yahoo! To Give 1gb Email!

I dont like Yahoo mail, its to complicated to get to your inbox. I perfer Gmail, the inbox keeps growing and growing, about 1KB a minute. Go ahead and laugh, but thing about how much it would grow in a month.

:(

Only 1 giga byte.

138871[/snapback]

What do you mean 1GB per month? Your calculations must be wrong...

How many minutes in a month?

30 days X 24 hours X 60 minutes = 43200 minutes (43200 KB= 42.2 MB)

With further simple calculations, you get 1GB increase in space in approximately 2 years' time! That is, with the current rate of 1KB/min...

Can you explain how you got to the 1GB per month answer?? It will be interesting, I am sure... :(

At last Yahoo is all set to face google with its plan to give 1GB of Email space to all its free users.They have promised to give the service to all its users by early may. The added features include so called "Virus Cleaning" which cleans the viruses(if any) present in any inbound mail (but with a tag line that reads that all viruses may not be detected). Also with enhanced search capabilities. Now Yahoo users who might have felt left out with lesser storage space are in for a pleasant surprise. If things go on like this, we may end up getting all online services for free! But who's complaining anyway??

Woah....!!This is way too cool. I think Yahoo! must have bought a hundred over new servers just to increase the inbox space.....but like the above poster said, who's complaining?I agree quite well with the above poster....we have got free web hosting...free...quality e-mail....free domain names/redirection.....who knows...maybe .com domains will go for 2 bucks a year...This is great news for all Yahoo e-mail users. 3 cheers!-Shackman

Good news.but do we need that really.i can handle 20 mb.more spcae is always good but i dont think anyone needs it.but i need more space for attatchments atleast.anyway 1GB go for it.

I dont like Yahoo mail, its to complicated to get to your inbox. I perfer Gmail, the inbox keeps growing and growing, about 1KB a minute. Go ahead and laugh, but thing about how much it would grow in a month.

Only 1 giga byte.

138871[/snapback]

Actually, at the rate that it's increasing, you'll only get around 100 MB a day....you get 3.456 MB a day, and if you multiply that by 30 (roughly 30 days in a month), you'll get around 100 MB a month.

In a year, you'll get more than 1 Gig.

Also, yahoo! is bound to make its inbox like Google to compete. Think about it. Within a month of gmail's debut, yahoo boosted its inbox to 250 MB to compete with Google, so chances are that yahoo will only get better with time.