xisto Community
clouds421

Location? Where's Everybody From?

I am born and raised in houston texas. I live here with my cousins and grandparents, but most of my moms side still live in california. Alot of my dads side of the family live in mexico and i have never met them, but i still have some people to have fun with and play around with here :( .

I live in Quebec, Canada... Yup, canada is the second biggest country in the world, but we don't have many inhabitants... (30 millions i think...). all that unused space... we gave USA the Alaska (yeah, it belonged to canada long long time ago) but i think you should have another part of our unused country.So CANADAAAAAAAAAAA POWAAAAAAAA !

I am from Nigeria. I grew mostly in the eastern part of Nigeria.

I was born and raised here in Ontario Canada. To be more specific, I live in Southern Ontario. I've lived here for my whole life. A lot of my family leaves in the same city I live in (there are only a few that live outside of the city.)

Looks like there's no clashings so far. Next thing that's interesting to know is what you would consider to be characteristic of where you grew up & where you're living now. Believe it or not, I've rarely traveled beyond IL's borders except maybe around Lake Michigan & NY for a couple days to attend a cousin's wedding.Since I started thread, I'll start first. I would definitely say the difficult ethnic enclaves here in Chicago. Hmm..another thing is that a lot of big/little shows and events take place here. Any Chicagoan would definitely also say weather! You can never know the appropriate clothes to wear since it fluctuates like crazy. I was wearing sweats this summer one day, then practically being boiled the next. Winters are horrendous.Edit: My class took a trip to the U of Iowa once for some special event (I didn't get to go), but all of them came back shocked seeing how small that place was. They said their core shopping center was only a couple blocks, like only a tiny portion of the commerical downtown area here. :(

Looks like there's no clashings so far.  Next thing that's interesting to know is what you would consider to be characteristic of where you grew up & where you're living now...

I would have to say that the biggest characteristic change between where I was born and where I grew up is that there is a very big seperation between religions here. The Mormons are well-known to everyone and almost everyone hates them. I couldn't care less one way or the other. They leave me alone, I leave them alone.

Another big change from where I was born and where I currently live is that it snows. In the part of AZ I lived in, it didn't snow.. I had never seen actual snow until we moved here. Let me tell you, it was very odd to people around here that in the middle of summer I was the only person walking around with a rather large coat on... The temperature difference is amazing between the two states.

Later,

-- J.