xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andyy15

Gmail

I've heard reports that Gmail was supposed to open today. Apparently, it was just a rumor.I also heard that they stopped issuing invites to users, so those who have an account now are the only people that will have an account until it opens.I'm one of the lucky ones that got invited in early.

Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

gmail is working fine with me. B)

What I find really ugly is the fact that there is zero privacy. They will just go on and on through your emails. The mere fact that they offer i giga of free email does not substitute for it, especially now when more providers are gradually expanding email quota.In adition to this, I would like to have 1 giga of email _but_ with IMAP access.

seems gmail stopped giving out invites already (for the meantime)... so unused/unregistered gmail invites are very rare nowadays. if you can still grab one these days, consider yourself lucky! :P got mine at gmailswap days before invites became scarce. B)
re: security threats - all hogwash! ;) have read those white papers they have on the matter, and you will feel threatened only if you have anything to hide. LOL!

i got 13 invities with-in 1 week.....am i special or something?

you know suprisingly enough i have neva gotten a gmail invite at all, i guess im that damn unlucky, lol. well infact if it wasnt for this forum i wouldn have known gmail existed well , so if anybody got any extra invites jus holla @ me i think i might wanna see what gmail is actually capable of.

i got 13 invities with-in 1 week.....am i special or something?

from gmail? or from swapping sites? ur one lucky dude, ryan, if gmail gave you 13 invites recently. :P stevey seems to need one, so pass on the luck. ;)

Yeah, check out this site. It's got some interesting info about gmail and security issues.

Gmail Is Creepy

Also,

gmail.google.com

-Gromit

what about pop email, i need a good service that has that, so i can use outlook, or thunderbird type email clients

3rd-party apps to pop gmail in ur email client app like outlook isalready available. just google search for these if you need one. :P

Im trying to edit the feature on yahoo email to notify my cell phone when I recieve mail, anybody know how to do that? I tried, but it wouldnt work on my cell phone or something, thanks..