xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qingtian

Poem: Away In The Wind

I just finished writing this poem, it's called 'Away in the Wind' except I couldn't really think up a better title but oh well, hope you will like it anyway :( The morning warmth flows, whilst waking up,Thinking sweetly, of how nice it would be,To prolong this feeling, of comfortableness,Reminds me of times when you were with me.The morning mist, is cool, yet refreshing,Breathing gently, whilst remembering you,Seasons are passing, as you slip away,What?s now foregone, I wish were anew.The past gradually, lives in my present,Staring blankly, whilst dreaming away,This yearning for, a moment with you,Here by my side, I wish you would stay.Tears gradually, flow down like a river,Quivering slightly, as emotions run high,Missing you is half visible, half hidden,Each tear drop of sadness falls from each eye.The nightly breeze, gently sways the trees,Just by watching, already calmness sets in,Soothing of fears and gentleness surrounds, Reminds me of the nature, you always bring.Sadly, the wind blows away many things,Gradually, life floats along for the ride,The distance grows further and further away,Though you?re on one end, you are with me inside.

Its nice... The imagery is great. I find that you have a liking to use a comma in nearly every sentence, but thats okay, since i use it a lot as well.

yeow man! nice i like it.. can i post it in my site? in your higness permission but precisely to be ought from you.. I really admire youre poem... whew... guhs`` lolwould you grant me? ahihijust look at my signature.. that girl I admire most... :(

It seems u write Chinese Contemporary peom in EGLISH WAY.A bit amusing!Pay a attention to the differences between them ,My girl, and add rhyme to your poem,follow the basic pricles of peotry ,then ,it must be better.lolo...

It seems u write Chinese Contemporary peom in EGLISH WAY.A bit amusing!Pay a attention to the differences between them ,My girl, and add rhyme to your poem,follow the basic pricles of peotry ,then ,it must be better.lolo...

Excuse me, but I don't even know how to write in chinese yet alone read it, so I had no intention of writing an 'english version' of a chinese contemporary poem - whatever that is. And there is rhyme to my poem, every second line... if you learnt more about the structure of poetry and read more ENGLISH poems you will find that my poem is one of the basics... :(

Anyway, thanks everyone for reading my poetry and for your comments, really appreciated :(

I am chinese, but I wasn't brought up in chinese schooling therefore I don't know how to write in chinese fluently, but I can speak fluent chinese though and read pin yin. :(

Chinese as in normal chinese? Do you speak dialect as well? Teochew? Hokkien? Cantonese? Just curious.

I speak cantonese mainly, but also some mandarin. Are you chinese?

Yes, i am chinese. I live in singapore, which consists of chinese people for more than half the population =)