xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deejames

Php-nuke why ?

1.If you mean the phpnuke you uploaded doesn't install properly it can be because:*You havn't created a database for you r phpnuke*You havn't edited your config.php properlySO your nuke file can't communicate with your database correctly.2.If you are meaning you can't install phpnuke via cpanel addon script you may just need to retry .Im not sure which one of these two applies to you?? Please explain your self or tell us how you are installing phpnuke. (eg. via cpanel or uploading a nuke package)

Then install it to a folder you have not already created, as it says in the instructions fot the install of php-nuke. You may just need to try again as it cud of just been a server problem.

By the way, I suggest that you go to Nuke code and download the chatserved patched 2.5 phpnuke 7.4.
Beacuse it has the latest security patches and addons. IT IS WAY MORE SECURE THEN PHPNUKE 6.8 IN THE CPANEL SCRIPTS.

oh well, a few more questions.. after download the new patch of php-nuke.. is there something more to edit or configure other than the config.php ?

Na just edit config.php with suitable variables which match the correct database you hav created. Then just go to the directory where you uploaded php-nuke and create your god user.Thats it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy a much more secure and enhanced php-nuke!!

uhmm. sorry if im so noob.. but as I was trying to install it and create a database it didnt still work... but then as i was reading some sort of tutorial.. it says

Create a database that will contain the PHP-Nuke tables. The name of the database should be the same name as the one you entered in config.php (see Section 3.7):

mysqladmin create nuke

To populate the database, you have to run the nuke.sql file "through" mysql. Change to the sql directory and do from the command line:

mysql -h dbhost -u dbuname -p dbname < nuke.sql

where dbhost, dbuname and dbname are the database host, database username and database name, exactly as entered in config.php. Just as you import nuke.sql, you can import any other MySQL dump file (see also Section 3.4.2).

uhmm.. i was confused.. is it just to upload PHp-Nuke.. create database.... or something more to do ?

I believe it's caling for you to create a table, which you clearly understand. The other part is one I've never understood how to make work on phpMyAdmin; it requires you to import a sql file, and I don't even know if you can do that.

Anybody would help me plss.. creating database for PHP-nuke step by steps.. plss.. i am really a newbie about this.. and this is a part of my studies... i dont know what to do now.. plsss

Create the database through cpanel in the mysql database section (eg nuke which becomes punit_nuke)
then you must create a user (eg punit which becomes punit_punit) give this user full access rights to the database punit_nuke.
NOTE: This part is all done through cpanels mysql database section.

Yeh you can import sql files, its easy go to phpmyadmin. Then select the database you created on the left(eg. punit_nuke), then your database's inserts will show up (if you have any) on the right frame. Then click the button sql up the top in the right frame, then the sql import page comes up and browse for the file on you computer and select go.
Your sql file is then imported into your database and all the tables and lines etc are created. (if it says completed succesfully)

Now open your config.php file and make the following changes to the parts with ***. I will use the database punit_nuke and user punit_punit as examples.

[/br]<?php[br][/br]######################################################################[br]# PHP-NUKE: Advanced Content Management System[/br]# ============================================[br]#[/br]# Copyright (c) 2002 by Francisco Burzi (fbc@mandrakesoft.com)[br]# http://phpnuke.org[br]#[/br]# This module is to configure the main options for your site[br]#[/br]# This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify[/br]# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by[br]# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.[/br]######################################################################[br][/br]######################################################################[br]# Database & System Config[br]#[/br]# dbhost:       SQL Database Hostname[/br]# dbuname:      SQL Username[br]# dbpass:       SQL Password[/br]# dbname:       SQL Database Name[br]# $prefix:      Your Database table's prefix[/br]# $user_prefix: Your Users' Database table's prefix (To share it)[br]# $dbtype:      Your Database Server type. Supported servers are:[/br]#               MySQL, mysql4, postgres, mssql, oracle, msaccess,[br]#               db2 and mssql-odbc[/br]#               Be sure to write it exactly as above, case SeNsItIvE![br]# $sitekey:	Security Key. CHANGE it to whatever you want, as long[/br]#               as you want. Just don't use quotes.[br]# $gfx_chk:	Set the graphic security code on every login screen,[/br]#  You need to have GD extension installed:[br]#  0: No check[/br]#  1: Administrators login only[br]#  2: Users login only[/br]#  3: New users registration only[br]#  4: Both, users login and new users registration only[/br]#  5: Administrators and users login only[br]#  6: Administrators and new users registration only[/br]#  7: Everywhere on all login options (Admins and Users)[br]#  NOTE: If you aren't sure set this value to 0[/br]# $subscription_url : If you manage subscriptions on your site, you[br]#                     must write here the url of the subscription[/br]#                     information/renewal page. This will send by[br]#                     email if set.[/br]######################################################################[br][/br]$dbhost = "localhost"; (LEAVE THIS)[br]$dbuname = "punit_punit"; ***********[/br]$dbpass = "password";*************(user punit_punit's psword)[br]$dbname = "punit_nuke";************[/br]$prefix = "nuke"; (LEAVE THIS)[br]$user_prefix = "nuke"; (LEAVE THIS)[/br]$dbtype = "MySQL";[br]$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";[/br]$gfx_chk = 0;[br]$subscription_url = "";[br][/br]

Then go create your super user at you admin.php of your nuke directory.

Hope this helps :(

I;ve been through phpmyadmin and create database called nuke.. but the error comes out:

Database james_nuke running on localhost

Error

SQL-query :

CREATE DATABASE `james_nuke` ;

MySQL said:

#1007 - Can't create database 'james_nuke'. Database exists

[Documentation] ? [back]

yeah!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!! thanks!! done it well~~ weeeee... really a lot of thanks! hihihi muah! hekhekhek