xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hulunes

Process And Their Brief Illustration know system more deeply

The task management device of Windows 2000 / xp is a very useful tool, it can offer much information to us , for example the procedure (process ) that operates in the system now, but it is famous to face those executable files of file we may be a little ignorant , do not know they are what is done , there is suspicious process (virus , the hobbyhorse ,etc.). The purpose of this post is to offer the process name in some commonly used windows 2000s, and state their use briefly .

Process name : Description

smss.exe:essionmanager

csrss.exe: The server process of the subsystem

winlogon.exe : User's log-in of management

services.exe : Include 4 for much service of the system

lsass.exe : Manage ip safe tactics and start i sakmp/oakley (i ke ) and ip safe driver.

svchost.exe : the file protect system of Windows 2000 / xp

spoolsv.exe : Load the file in the memory in order to lag and type

explorer.exe : Resource management device

internat.exe : Tray district

mstask.exe : Allow the procedure and run at fixed time

regsvc.exe : Allow the long-range registration table and operate

winmgmt.exe : Offer system management information (the service of the system)

inetinfo.exe : msftpsvc,w3svc,iisadmn

tlntsvr.exe : tlnrsvr

tftpd.exe : Realize tftp internet standard. This standard does not require user name and password

termsrv.exe : termservice

dns.exe : Should answer questions domain name system inquiry of name and upgrade request

tcpsvcs.exe : It offers to be can long-range to start customer long-range to install windows ability of 2000 professional at the computer in pxe

ismserv.exe : Allow sending and receiving news among windows advanced server website.

ups.exe : Manage the incessant power connected to the computer

wins.exe : Offer netbios name service for tcp/ip customer that registers and analyzes the Model netbios name

llssrv.exe : Record service of the certificate

ntfrs.exe : The file maintaining the file directory content among a lot of servers moves ahead simultaneously.

rssub.exe : Control and use the long-range media of storing the data

locator.exe : Manage rpc name service database

lserver.exe : Register the customer end licence

dfssvc.exe : Manage and distribute it in logic one of the LAN or WAN

clipsrv.exe : Support " the scrapbook reader ", in order to consult the page of clipping and pasting from the long-range scrapbook.

msdtc.exe : Standing side by side the affairs, distributed in two or more databases , news formation, file system or other affairs protect the resource management protecting device

faxsvc.exe : Help you and send and receive the fax

cisvc.exe : Index service

dmadmin.exe : Systematic management service asked in management of the magnetic disc

mnmsrvc.exe : Allow users with the authority and use remote access windows tabletop netmeeting

netdde.exe : Offer network transmitting and security feature of dynamic data interchange (dde ).

smlogsvc.exe: Dispose the daily record of performance and alarm

rsvp.exe: Procedure serving for relying on quality (qos ) and controlling the application program to offer the signal of the network and local communication to control and install the work function.

rseng.exe : Coordinate the service used for storing daily data and management tool

rsfsa.exe: Operation of the long-range file that stores of management

grovel.exe : Scan zero is it store rolls of repeated file that have to back up , repeat file point to first datum is it order to store, in order to save the magnetic disc space (only useful to ntfs file system ).

scardsvr.exe : To insert intelligent card intelligent card of the reader is it manage and is it control to visit to go on in computer

snmp.exe : Including agent's procedure can monitor the activity of the network equipment and report to the network control cabinet work station

snmptrap.exe : Receive the news of trap (trap ) produced from here or long-range snmp agent's procedure , then transmit news to and operate snmp hypervisor on this computer

utilman.exe : Start and dispose the handling tool from a window

msiexec.exe : Basis . Order that msi include of the file install , repair and delete the software

Summarize: Find that the secret of the suspicious process is to see more that the process in the task management device is tabulated , seeing it more, can find that can doubt the process at one glance, just like looking for a group of strangers who is familiar with of persons .

o_O There's way too many that aren't being run by my computer. I really can only see a lsass.exe, csrss.exe, winlogon.exe, and bb4win.exe. :(I swear, I know some of those, but I've never, ever seen those others before.

its wierd .. alot of process to me look like viruses... your best bet to check are the ones that are run by you .. system ones are safe... and if you arent sure of one or two you can always end its process if its important it will start up again .. or ur computerwill crash.. its really a trial and error..

if u know many of them,i think u can jardge process from viruses easily.E.G,the process explore.exe is offen comfused by the viruses expl0re.exe.they look same. :(

Found it.snmptrap.exe : Receive the news of trap (trap ) produced from here or long-range snmp agent's procedure , then transmit news to and operate snmp hypervisor on this computer

Not only processes, you can also check services.

Open the 'run' box and type services.msc and press enter.

You will see a list of serices running on your PC. You can disable some based on your needs, as they consyume resources and some are useles.

But please be very careful while doing so.

i think service is more easy than process in computer.because description for process in windows is a little,common user can not use his system very well. :(

That is an extremely useful list to have there! Thanks for posting it.And looking at services is a much better place for locating viruses IMO. Most viruses don't show up as processes.

that's right.the viruse will mix the tast by the similar name which does damage ur system.so u shoule know how to judge form tast.i hope every like to master commom tast,which can help u most.good luck in learn and use computerexpect the thread to be pinned,then more and more friend can read it and use it.need admin to support...