xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

need help with back-up

ok for some reaosn when i upload my backup it will only work if i have a clean copy of the cpanel. so.. how do i back up a file. i made a home back-up with the backup likn page in the cpanel and where do i uplaod the backup that i have downloaded? an dont say in the backup section becuase i did like over 10 times and it didnt work.

what are you talking about? im lookignf or elp1 i dont feel ike talking right now. im trying to get this stupid *BLEEP*in site up, nothing ever works. if your not goign to help then odnt post!

Well first of all it's not very easy to understand your first post.You stated you uploaded a backup and then how do you make a backup?Second of all not enough details.But I'm gonna assume a few thingsI'm going to assuse you have another web host with no cPanel.And you are trying to upload the .zip file but it won't extract?If that's the case, get another host or upload each folder and file by itself and do the SQL databases (if any) by yourself, too. Please include more details, and I might be able to help you.P.S. A lot of people don't wanna help you because you're rude.

Ok, one thing, i have a back-up and it didnt work the way i tryed to uplaod it so im trying to find out another way to upload my file. and ys its a .zip fileanother thing, how do you know people dont want to help me becuase im rude? and what have i done to you? and just becuase you might disagree with what i say that doesnt really mean im rude. you just disagree or took it in another way. and i do get rude when someoen is ebing stupid or is being rude back to me.

Alrighty then.

You can upload each folder manualy to your webspace using an FTP client.

I recommend CuteFTP. Visit http://download.cnet.com/windows/ and search for CuteFTP.

Extract the .zip file somewhere on your desktop. Connect to your webspace and drag the folders (find the directory where you extracted your backup) from your left side (your computer) to your right side (your webspace).

If that doesen't suit you, create a new folders using the same structure as the one in your backup and select multiple files and drag them to the corresponding folders. This takes more time.

You will have to update SQL databases manualy either way.

I suggest you just copy the folders neccessary to view the website and update my SQL and leave the rest off. You don't need them anyways.

I hope that helps. Im not gonna bother now, but if you need more help, tell me I will post screenshots.

I assumed nobody wanted to help you because you were a bit rude (and I understand a bit frustrated). Note the following quote:

if your not goign to help then odnt post!

That discourages people.

BUT that doesen't matter, let's get this thing over with so you can have your site back up and running.

Ok 1 thing, i cant isntal anything on my computer or else it will crash my compuer is already having problems as it is andi didnt do anything at all. so.. i cant install thatAnd i read the second step and i kind of knew what you were talking about and where to go. but i had no idea what to do. or where to go to do those things.and i use file manager, so you mean create a enw folder in there? and if so then what do you mean by the same structure? and im like lsot from there on. and do you know someone that might want to do this for me becuase i will most liekly be wasting your time/everyone elss time. and if someond di it for me it will be right then and there.but thanks for all of your help! :D

Well, my internet is acting weird. It's going alot slower then it should. Whenever I try to download something my upload goes beserk so I can't upload images to ImageShack otherwise I would.Folder structure is the arrangment of folders.For example if you had a folder named Nuke in your backup with a subfolder of php, you would make the same folders, same order on your FTPPC: Nuke>php FTP: Nuke>phpUnderstand?I can help you if you still have troubles.Edit: Yay 250!Edit 2: I will attempt to upload when download finishes in 45 minutes. Huge MMORPG download (Anarchy Online w/ Shadowlands and Alien Invasion)

ok, im sooo confused. and i dont have cuteftp and i also cant download it. becuase my computer will crsh and stfuf. and just stop working and give me erros. so cant do it via. ftp.

Alright SSR, I'm going to give you a little tip on how to get help if you need it. First of all when you start a new sentence use captials for the first letter. So only has one O not 4. Double check your posts over or if your too lazy try http://www.spellcheck.net/. That should get you some more help, and less annoyance from people. Now for your help try downloading a program called coffeftp I think it is? Then it'll all come easy from there :D