xisto Community
iGuest

Your best pc game

What is a nerd exactly?

nerd also nurd (nűrd)
n. Slang.

1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

The word nerd, undefined but illustrated, first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo: And then, just to show them, I'll sail to Ka-Troo And Bring Back an It-Kutch a Preep and a Proo A Nerkle a Nerd and a Seersucker, too! (The nerd is a small humanoid creature looking comically angry, like a thin, cross Chester A. Arthur.) Nerd next appears, with a gloss, in the February 10, 1957, issue of the Glasgow, Scotland, Sunday Mail in a regular column entitled ABC for SQUARES: Nerda square, any explanation needed? Many of the terms defined in this ABC are unmistakable Americanisms, such as hep, ick, and jazzy, as is the gloss square, the current meaning of nerd. The third appearance of nerd in print is back in the United States in 1970 in Current Slang: Nurd [sic], someone with objectionable habits or traits.... An uninteresting person, a dud. Authorities disagree on whether the two nerdsDr. Seuss's small creature and the teenage slang term in the Glasgow Sunday Mailare the same word. Some experts claim there is no semantic connection and the identity of the words is fortuitous. Others maintain that Dr. Seuss is the true originator of nerd and that the word nerd (comically unpleasant creature) was picked up by the five- and six-year-olds of 1950 and passed on to their older siblings, who by 1957, as teenagers, had restricted and specified the meaning to the most comically obnoxious creature of their own class, a square.

The Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth...very customisable, which is a plus point in strategy games. I've personally upped the unit limits and added in a whole load of new units; maps and changed the battalion set-ups,...formations etc...
It's cool.

What do you mean ?
I'm playing it a lot too but I don't really understand what you mean.

What is a nerd exactly?

nerd also nurd (nűrd)
n. Slang.

1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

The word nerd, undefined but illustrated, first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo: And then, just to show them, I'll sail to Ka-Troo And Bring Back an It-Kutch a Preep and a Proo A Nerkle a Nerd and a Seersucker, too! (The nerd is a small humanoid creature looking comically angry, like a thin, cross Chester A. Arthur.) Nerd next appears, with a gloss, in the February 10, 1957, issue of the Glasgow, Scotland, Sunday Mail in a regular column entitled ABC for SQUARES: Nerda square, any explanation needed? Many of the terms defined in this ABC are unmistakable Americanisms, such as hep, ick, and jazzy, as is the gloss square, the current meaning of nerd. The third appearance of nerd in print is back in the United States in 1970 in Current Slang: Nurd [sic], someone with objectionable habits or traits.... An uninteresting person, a dud. Authorities disagree on whether the two nerdsDr. Seuss's small creature and the teenage slang term in the Glasgow Sunday Mailare the same word. Some experts claim there is no semantic connection and the identity of the words is fortuitous. Others maintain that Dr. Seuss is the true originator of nerd and that the word nerd (comically unpleasant creature) was picked up by the five- and six-year-olds of 1950 and passed on to their older siblings, who by 1957, as teenagers, had restricted and specified the meaning to the most comically obnoxious creature of their own class, a square.

:shock: Thanks for that Gohst :D

There is nothing better than the old sim games.I love Doom,Transport Tycoon and etc.But their continues are good too like DOOM 3 for example. :D

Yeah, but for Doom 3 you need a computer from NASA to play it. Thats why the first two were the coolest. Along with Wolfenstein 3D you've got some great games there, boy I'll tell ya.