xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Computer Trouble

I have a computer thats about 6 or 7 yrs old (not currently being used), i went to start it up to re-format the harddrive and install the required components and such and the comp booted but would not load into dos no matter what i did and it does not load properly and it does stuff i dont want it to do... WHAT SHOULD I DO??!?!

Have you partitioned and reformatted your hard drive before? Maybe you should elaborate on your problem so that it will be easier for others to help you. :P

Get a program that wipes your disk clean, have an operating system disc. Pop it in, reformat... and there you go. :PIf that doesn't work, you may consider trashing the computer.

what is kind of system do u use now? after windows xp come out a Resume the control cabinet .u can use it to fix the magnetic disc guides the sector by command 'c:\chkdsk/p ' or'c:\bootcfg' ,then load ur system by cd-rom.added:as better as u know the bios a lot.

I have a computer thats about 6 or 7 yrs old (not currently being used), i went to start it up to re-format the harddrive and install the required components and such and the comp booted but would not load into dos no matter what i did and it does not load properly and it does stuff i dont want it to do... WHAT SHOULD I DO??!?!

i feel you should get it serviced.
as you said, its approx 7 yr old, so its better to have an entire system service.
primary problem is with power supply
secondary problem is with hard disk