xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
StEpHxK

submitting url

hi i was just wondering how you can change the description under you link to your site, on google.com. because mine says things that i didn't want. they were from my front page and my link wont come up when i search for that subject.

They are usually taken from META tags. A simple description tag for this site would be <meta name="description" content="Get Web Hosting with PHP, Perl, unlimited MySQL and Cpanel9 absolutely FREE!">If you have not set that then google automatically searches your page for key words and sets one.

NExt time .. if you forget something to post, use the edit option.You have to add it between HEAD tags.You can submit your site to google as many times as you want. The indexing is done periodically and at the next cycle of google's indexing, your Description would be altered.

Google - Tips 'n' tricks, submission, listing and ranking
http://www.entheosweb.com/website_promotion/google.asp

googles dont use description they search what is on the site! and find the phrase there looking for, thats how you find the best matched for what your looking for

oh YESSS! today it's the best day in my life!!

after 2-3 months of "free submission" :P of my site... finally it's here!! :P ehm... yes... it's here but... it's the last entry of the first page... if you are searching in Italian!! Posted Image

So is submitting to google Free? Becuase I ran into alot of submiting things and they cost money to put ur site on theres

as every search engine it provides the payed sighupthe difference is simple
a free sign up can take up to 4 or even 6 weeks untill Your page is gonna get spidered. The discription is taken from metas id this option

Th commercial option is different. You get listed seconds after ... the payment and you can write a discription regerdless of the metas in your index page

Why not try these two directories:-

Both are a damn site quicker than google and will both get you there in the end. Like somebody else has said. Don't bother submitting to google.

Just make sure you get a link from a forum or a site with a pagerank of 4 or more. it's a doddle.

Yeah, after a couple of weeks of my initial submission, Google crawled my site, but the description isn't the one that I set in my meta tags. It just displayed the first line of text that I had on my site as my site's description. I have added some text to the splash page of my site, but I think I'll have to wait again until the next Google crawl.It hardly matters to me at the moment, because I don't really have that high a PageRank. It was 0 last time I checked, but I'm working on it.