xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How manys hours each day do you spend on the internet?

I spend enough time, hehehe... :D That's all I can really say...If there is internet, I use it. If there's none...then there's none, and I have tons of other things to do...But the internet is just too much fun... :mrgreen:

I probably spend about six to ten hours on the Internet a day. The Internet is what I do. Some people watch TV, others read, and while I do both of those things quite often (especially the latter), the Internet is what feels most comfortable to me, something I can sit and do for hours with nary a care in the world. When I'm not at work, it's almost guaranteed that I'm either sleeping or I'm online.

Hi!I think I spend about fourteen hours a day on the Internet. Yes, I know that is a large number, but as I am a web developer, I spend a pretty good portion of the day online, either building something or looking for work. I also spend a LOT of time emailing, keeping in touch with friends and family, reading the news, and looking up what the next big thing will be.It doesn't really matter if the time spent on the Internet is a lot, but what really matters is whether we are doign something productive with our time. Half a day of playing World of Warcraft for months together would definitely be a serious lack of productivity. However, half a day of reading articles and news on the Internet would be a great way to educate oneself and would could as the theoretical equivalent of experience, or perhaps second-hand experience. When learning anything over the Internet, however, one would have to ensure that the source of information is reliable and the information posted can be trusted. An article from BBC, CNN, or the Washington Post would be reliable most of the time, but there is the occasional article that either makes illogical deductions, stretches the truth a bit, or is simply an attempt at generating publicity for something that doesn't really deserve our attention.BTW, when people talk about the amount of time they spend on the Internet, does Internet gaming count too? Some people say they spend over six hours on the Internet, so would the six hours include playing a computer game over the network (Eg. a multi-player session of Need For Speed Undercover over the Internet) or does that include time spent within a browser, such as browsing through FaceBook, posting on Xisto, sending email through a web mail provider etc.?

If it weren't for school, I'd be on the internet a lot longer than I usually am.I'm currently developing a business with a friend online, and its going pretty well. Once I'm out of school, hopefully it'll get big :angel: