xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Invision board VS phpbb

I'm using phpBB because IPB is not compatibe with Russian language (I need to look for Russian language pack, then edit templates etc.)

Because phpBB is free :D

Oh...I can't believe that you are Russian...if you are so, then why do you talk about it! There are plenty of sites where you can download IPB for free!

Man phpBB rules! phpBB will always stay free as it is open-source. But IPB was once free but the developers got greedy and started to charge for a stupid license!Also phpBB 3 *code named olympos) is comming out and phpBB is being completly recoded and the skins are changing etc. More and more features wil be available in the phpBB version. I can't wait!Also there are oads of themes, mods etc for phpBB! And anyway who cares that one forum or another has more mods!The installation process is completly simple! It is fast and easy to naviagte!Also another competitor called myBB. Is soon going to be quite competitive with phpBB.I do like IPB, but the admin panel! Its packed full of too many settings! But phpBB's is completly simple and easy to use!Why do people have so many arguments/discusssions over IPB and phpBB! Why not VB and IPB!