xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Invision board VS phpbb

I like phpBB more. Besides the fact that it's free, it's fairly easy to use, and It's ported over to PHP-Nuke. Not a big theme community I see, but almost any PHP-Nuke template has matching phpBB theme too..Has a decent amount of mods. IMO IPB has way too many useless mods. Only a few are well worth the effort of installing.

Hi,

I think, IPB is MUCH better.

It have to much mods, which phpBB doesn't.

It have subforums, adding profile fields via admin panel, and MILION other VERY good features.

phpBB is poor without them.

But phpBB 2.2 , version is perfect and have much new features and better look.

bye...

PhpBB has thousands(checks https://www.phpbb.com/ and http://www.phpbbhacks.com/ and a lot of other mod-site's) mods, but I like it that it has not to many things because you now can choose which you what you want to use.

My choice is ONLY IPB! Now I'm using Ipb 1.3 Final, but I'm going to change it for 2.0.3!And PHPBB has too much bugs and too few functions!

but i saw a forum that is using ipb for free and the host was freenukehosting x.x  :shock:  
sry for my bad english =/

How do you know that they use it for free? Version 1.3 of IPB is free, not downloadble anymore; but if you have it already installed on your p/server than you still may use it.