xisto Community
cragllo

The Sims!

Strangely, no one mentioned The Sims Online. I actually have this game, but I had to drop it because online fees were killing my bank account.

It was halfway fun if you had a character with really high stats, or could get a promotion in the Robot Factory... (Never did.. *Sniff*)

I can't see putting that much time into an artificial life. Don't you people have anything to do in REAL life? Largely unsatisfying experience, methinks. I used to play Simcity (the first Sim-game!) but not for hours. That was kinda cool. It also fit on just one floppydisk. And it did not require hours to configure and play before you really HAD something worth playing...

sims 2 is out already and ya sims get boring.... its just repetitive ... but it is fun for an hour or so. and i think most ppl have lives its just that virtual life is more expandable...

Yeah, I only played Sims and Sims2 just for the editing and buying and building. I like to wonder if I have all the cool stuff. I also play for the romance, I like to make my sims dating more than 4 girls and then one day call them altogether and see how they react when one of them kisses my character. It is a pure evil pleasure, hahahahahahaha.

The sims is one of the most popular simulation games out right now. I played it when it was sims 1 and it has a few pieces of furniture and a couple different electronics. Now with sims 2 it seems as though it has added about 100 different items to each section now, not to mention the google search for sims items comes up with about 100 different sites all having sim items. In my opinion the sims is not a game i would like to play, i cant stand running my own life so why would i want to control others. Thats all you do is control people wake up, go to work, eat, play, sleep, and repeat the steps 100 more times. I guess the only intresting part of it is how you can build the houses almost anyway you would like. In my opinion if your going to waste your life playing video games dont waste it on a game about life.

I am a bit of a sims adict, lol  ;)

9195[/snapback]

I'm afraid once I start playing, I won't be able to stop. It looks really fun, and really addicting. So is it an online game where you interact with people, or is it a home computer game, or both? I remember browsing on ebay for something, and saw that the seller had bought some fake money called "lind" or something for this online sim game called second life. I thought it was insane for someone to actually pay real money for sim money but realized he or she was probably really addicted. I definitely don't want to get like that. ;)

I used to run a successful sims site back in the day :huh: with all these objects and clothes and stuff i made! Then i went off it, then i got a mac and had to re-buy it. It did come with livin' it up, hot date, house party though so it's not so bad! I'd love to have the Sims 2, my boyfriend just got it for his Birthday so i have my own Sim on his, but my ibook isn't fast enough for it ;) knew i should have got the faster one!

HI All,Personally I love all of the Sims Series so getting Sim2 was always going to happen. I'm normally into battle games, but the Sims2 is a nice change. Man, what can I say? It's great, it really is. Everyone loves it in my house. The graphics are great and the way that the sims age etc. really shows how much care and though has gone into the production of the game. You always know if the game has been well though out, and the Sims2 has been planned with pinpoint precision. I love it and personally I don't think it will ever get boaring. (Maybe a little frustrating though - it's so edictive and I seem to find my self up to the early hours glued to the screen.)

i have the sims 1 too.it is a very nice game.i have only the superstar expansion pack.i have seen the sims unleashed and hot date.and vakation.but i have only the sims superstar.and the sims 2 is great too.and it haves great graphics and some nice functions.i'll think sims is one of the best sim games.

i love the sims!my brother is rather perverted and makes families with tons of babies and everyone with love personalities.but i have never known how to get them to whoo hoo in public'my favorite aspiration is knowledgeall it takes is a bunch of reading !

When Sims appeared it really go very popular? wasn't it the best selling game in some year? Even though the best part for me was to build the house and not play it, my brothers wife and kids really enjoyed to play it, they were playing it and playing. The Sims has really a great idea for a game, I never played newer versions, the last time I played it was like 3 years ago.