xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Chatroom script?

ehh... didnt you realize that all the fnh sites are down?the winbots irc servers have been up the whole time, but the winbots site is down....

ssr, you clearly have never seen irc....on irc  
you can owner ppl
you can admin ppl
you can op ppl
you can half op ppl
you can voice ppl
you can also register channels and nicks
you can connect to it through a real program
you can connect to it through a java chat
and to top it off, it will be up even if fnh goes down or switches servers...

you can download stuff to :D

Id like to get one that has a graphical interface, perhaps flash or java, with lots of features like profiles with pictures and private messages and and blocking and unlimited users.... but it seems impossible....

Id like to get one that has a graphical interface, perhaps flash or java, with lots of features like profiles with pictures and private messages and and blocking and unlimited users.... but it seems impossible....

irc has all of that except profile pictures :lol:

private messages: /msg nick <msg> or /notice nick <msg> or /query nick <msg>

blocking: /ignore nick or to ban them from you room, /mode #channel +b nick!ident@host

unlimited users: our servers can prolly handle around 5000 users right now, but if more ppl come, then we will get more servers :D (so it is basically unlimited users)

Hi!I just got Visual Basic.NET, so I think I'm gonna try writing something from an open source asp.net script i found. I'll let you know when I'm done, in case anyone here is interested in getting it. I'm gonna try and get all the features in it that i want, chatroom and PM, everything graphical, no IRC commands, user profiles with pictures, ability to create rooms and block user messages.... and hopefully ability to make certain users friends, by flagging them. this might take me a while, since Im no asp programmer, but with .net it shouldnt be too long

yea i know, if i get it working im gonna have to find some cheesy site and use them just to host it... but FNH is still amazing hosting, i hope to keep it for everything else