xisto Community
PenDragon

Best Stuff for Free i would like to know

I use two very good and powerful HTML tools on my pc for creating web pages. The both are very good. I neither uses nor needed Frontpage. Although I have it on my system.

They are 1stPage 2000 and HTML-Kit. And the most intersting thing is that both are free. HTML-Kit has 1,225,923 downloads and 95% User Rating on Cnet Download.com

You can download both from here.

http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage2.shtml

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

The download files are not very large. Just 3 or 4 MB.

If anyone had not tried them so far I will suggest to try once. I am sure you will like them.

Thanks for the links solankyno1. I will go and check them out. But i dont think anything is gonna make me stop using MS FrontPage cos it helps me alot with HTML designs.I will check them out and see what they are like and their usabilities.

Thanks for the links solankyno1. I will go and check them out. But i dont think anything is gonna make me stop using MS FrontPage cos it helps me alot with HTML designs.
I will check them out and see what they are like and their usabilities.

Mhh frontpage and helping with html design in one line :rolleyes:

I used frontpage ones and oke I think it is a nice program for grannies and little girls/boys that want to make a site about there dog or cat but for the reall thing?

The reason I say this is becaue I work with css and w3c compatible sites and if there is one thing frontpage is bad at it is w3c and css support. Also the code genrated with FP is much to big imo and contains lots of garbage.

Since you are using FP I asume you use windows so I will not bother you with quanta (linux html editor) nor vi but I really would suggest you to learn propper (x)html and css and take another look at FP to see what features you are missing (and thats allot)

a nice freeware editor I used in windows is

TSW WebCoder http://www.tswwebcoder.com/?gid=1

I agree on this with PBrugge. TSW is nice free editor. I also recommend DreamWeaver, for something like defining RECT AREA for URLs in pictures and images. FrontPage gives W3C unverified code, which can then have problems in browsers like Opera, Quanta and Mozilla.
On the other hand we have Internet Exporer which is not using HTML standard and others do, Mozilla, Opera, Quanta.

Really sad MicroSoft isn't using standards, I guess reason is Micro$$$oft.

Now i can see that some people around here dont like the name MicroSoft. Well i like them and all their products. Their products are ok for me

Erm, I know I am only amateur in webdesign. But thankfully I have had good teacher in that. Important rule is to check site from 800*600 resolution and up. Check it with the most popular browser Firefox, Opera and IE. Check validation with W3C.Have U done that Odomike?

If you want to learn the hard way just read html e-books and write your html code or scripts in notepad or win32pad or stylepad , this way you'll learn much more but is more harder.If you don't want to paid for nothing related to webdesign software:The best for me is frontapage 2002, but...download this:for css - topstyle litefor html - coffecup html editor ; hotdog ; wysiwyg editors (what you see is what you get) they are almost all free and most of them are good, and much more.If you want any of them just email me and i will send it to you.Carpe diem.