xisto Community
iGuest

Game Maker

Only side scrolling???

Game Maker

Replying to Spectre

I've made games a lot better than just side scrolling, you haven't found any tutorials, that or you haven't taken any time to learn on your own.

-reply by Naemlex

Game Maker is powerful thoughGame Maker

Sure C++ may be better, but actually, Game Maker can use C++ to create great games, even of great commercial quality.

If you know C++ very well(expert), and know Gml very well(expert), with patience, will, and determination you could create a quality 3d game just like the ones in the stores!

Game Maker is an underestimated program that is very powerful,  there is no-one who is an expert at Gml and C++ who has the patience, will, and determination to make a great commercial quality 3d game.

-reply by magma24

Replying to holyiumWell, just think of it, wouldn't it be nice to create your own game. Many people yes do enjoy playing games but it's nice to see what you can accomplish just by creating your own. I don't understand how making a game is "sad" as you say but I'm just saying, that's what other game companies like Nintendo do. Yes, I'm sure they all play games BUT they do make there own.-reply by Zeffa1234

Game Maker is good. I have created a simple pacman-like game but i'm not into game programming so I abandonded the "project" and since time past, I lost the files.If you really are into gaming then I suggest you to use C++ just like the others suggested.

Can do more than you thinkGame Maker

Actually game maker can be used to do 3D games with low quality, kinda like the early Quake or Doom games; you don't have to use C++ or C#  to do a good game, it's not about the way the game looks, its about the game play that is important. Of course doing more complicated things like 3D games in game maker requires learning to use GML (game maker language) its not hard to figure out, sure if your going to go that far to make a 3D game then you might as well use a more useful language though (personally I say C++.) A lot of the 2D games done in game maker are quick and easy to do as currently I am working on a RTS in GM and almost finished with it and only started with it about 2 weeks ago. Glad that a lot of people assume that a program to make games is so limited automatically without learning the full depth of how it works.

Hi Jesse. Yup, GameMaker knowledge does help a lot. It also has a friledny community. Initially, you want to work on less of syntax, and more of logic. Because even experienced programmers can sometimes get bogged down by syntax at times.