xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What OS

I use Windows XP Sp2

Ā 

Used to dual boot a linux distro ranging from RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1 or 2, SUSE (yes it's all caps) 9.1, or Mandrake 10.

Ā 

I am off of linux now, it really pisses me off..

You're a quitter. :P

Ā 

If you can't handle even installing linux, I recommend staying away from a career in computer sciences. I hate it when people offer really obscure reasons as to why linux "pissess" them "off". It's like them saying... "I hate niggers", and you ask them

"why?", and they say "I 'unno."

Ā 

I'll make like my English professor: "Support your argument!" B)

Xp Home, and Linux redhat, linux isnt all its cracked up 2 be B)

You good sir, are an idiot. I won't bother typing that 3 page essay I wrote in a fit of anger before the forums where *BLEEP*ed over. But I will say one thing: Linux is not a home distro. If you only want linux to replace you counter-strike / MSN chatting Windows XP box, don't. If you want it to do web-design, run servers, or do REAL work in, then linux will own anything any day, and where.

Linux is probally mroe for servers. Its good for servers cause it is lesser vunerable to viruses, increasing stability and it takes up way lesser system resources than Windows.Linux would be my server choice anytime, any where.

Linux is probally mroe for servers. Its good for servers cause it is lesser vunerable to viruses, increasing stability and it takes up way lesser system resources than Windows.

Ā 

Linux would be my server choice anytime, any where.

I won't bother being an *BLEEP* about it because you seem to have the right idea. But for any serious that you need to do, or even, if you run a large company, ie: FedEx, Google, eBay, ect... The only thing that any sane person would use is Linux. Not just for servers. Think of how much money you would safe using OO.org instead of Office 2K3, or by using the Quanta for writing sites instead of paying for Frontpage and/or Dreamweaver, or even writing programs in general. I personally don't know why there isn't more mainstream programs written in Linux. I for one stopped writing Windows apps a lot time ago; It's just more comfortable writing stuff for linux and it's more stable.

Ā 

In short, It's a work OS, not a home OS. All the things you see out there for Linux tend to make people think that linux is turning into a home OS. Wrong, It's not. The thing is, you see all these XMMS, gAIM, AMSN, *BLEEP*X, XINE, WINE, ect... these are all things that people have made either out of interest or to make their linux more compatible with other windows boxes, at work. That and so just because you're running Linux at work doesn't mean you have to be deprived of windows necessities. But like I said, if you want to replace your your Windows XP Home for playing Counter-Strike and running games with this, you're going to be extreamly dissapointed, unless of course you have balls of steel and go all out hardcore linux and manage to make it a home OS with nasty tweaks. That's what I did, I've had the same Linux installation (Slackware) for about 3 years? Almost, and I've so much uber tweaked it, I could run any windows app close to natively on this box. But it takes a lot of effort, some people don't want to bother.

I run an WinXP machine, as well as a MacOS X for my graphics work (which I would never trust in any windows machine). But how I wish there would be a MacOS for PC. BTW, have any of you guys ever tried Lindows by Linspire, that hybrid Windos within a Linux kernel?

nice changeĀ  B)

Its True! its good change!!! the computer running more fast!!! and its more friendly!!! I reccomend this change!!!