xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Does any one also think harry potters dumb?? huh??

I think harry potters ok wen ur about 8-10 years old but past that come on, grow up. lol no offense to any admin mebers who like harry potter. Do u hate itas well or do u disagee?? You be the judge.

No I don't think it's dumb, have you read it? It's not a childish book, just because it's fantasy doesn't make it dumb. I don't think the Harry Potter books were intended just for 8 to 10 year olds, I bet there's like a bunch of words in there that they don't even understand! But anyway, I like it :D

I don't like the Harry Potter books. I don't like any story where the hero seems invincable, or where 'good' always prevails over 'evil' even in the most unlikely of scenarios. I like things that are more realisticly played out - no so much realistic as in the characters, environments, etc - but as in how everything falls together. I hate stories where the 'good guy' always wins, and never dies, even when the odds of their survival are very small.I sort of dislike Harry Potter for the same reasons for which I hate James Bond, and all those other movies where they can bring down an army with a single bullet.

To true spectre.? I dont like anytype of fantasy as they are often unrealistic and plain annoying

FULLSTOP!

They are often unrealistic because they are fantasy :D

lol i started watching the first movie got about half an hour into it and went to do somthing else cause it was crappy.. as for the books i havent read any so meh... :D

Some of the best books ever written are children's books (like, anything by Roald Dahl) Having said that, I never planned on reading the Harry Potter books when they came out because they were too hyped up. I saw the first movie on dvd and it was good. Still didn't want to read the books... then I took my little sister to see the second movie at the theater and this lady behind me was explaining what was about to happen to her friend! So I planned on reading the books before the third movie came out just so that wouldn't happen to me again.I ended up reading all five books in five days. I thought they were fantastic. They turned me into a junkie. :P

I like it. However, i think that the story structure should deviate a little. You know, i could probably list the story structure right here:Harry potter and dursleys fightHarry somehow gets away from them and into diagon alleyMeets up with Ron and HemioneGets into hogwartsTrouble starts to happenHarry saves the day and becomes the hero (AGAIN!!!)Gryffindor wins house cup (Again...)Goes back to dursleysOr something like that. I haven't read the books for a long time, so the names may be full of spelling errors.

I like it. However, i think that the story structure should deviate a little. You know, i could probably list the story structure right here:
Harry potter and dursleys fight
Harry somehow gets away from them and into diagon alley
Meets up with Ron and Hemione
Gets into hogwarts
Trouble starts to happen
Harry saves the day and becomes the hero (AGAIN!!!)
Gryffindor wins house cup (Again...)
Goes back to dursleys

Or something like that. I haven't read the books for a long time, so the names may be full of spelling errors.

Yes. Something along those lines.

The main reason I do not like to watch the movie and/or read the books is for the simple fact that everyone thinks I look like Harry Potter. No thanks! I do not want to read and/or see something about a kid who happens to look like myself. It's creepy!! Granted, my hair is a lot more controlable than they describe HP's as being...lol

Later,
J. (TS)

Yeh but Roald Dahl actually contains humour and is a far greater piece of work compared to harry potter.I agree that the moviez were crap, hmmm yes lets fly our car around in the sky caus we r wizardslol (that was sed sarcastically)

Well, I like Harry Potter. I think the books are interesting, and not just for 10 year olds. In fact, one of the college level literature classes here had to actually read the first book. Why would they have adults read a child's book?The movies are great as well, I think. I haven't read all the books, but I've read 3 of them, and they were pretty good. I'll read the others later.Anyways, if you think its dumb, that's your opinion, and you can keep it.~Puppy :(

i never heard this issue came up. I've only heard of "why it is considered witchcraft?" Ok I love the books and the movies itself. Despite being a form of imaginary inspiration for little kids, its a good fantasy novel and movie. I dont' see anything wrong with it. Maybe its for people who are more open to different areas and those who are just born for it.

I have all the Harry Potter books, all the books on casset(sp?)(screw reading >_>) and I've read all of them and listened to them...oh and I have the first two movies on DVD.So yeah I like them, sue me, I'm13 and I like them, and I don't think only 8-10 year olds like them...well duh since I do, it just depends on the person if they like it or not...like with everything.Yes thats pretty much the five books wrapped up in one...I still like them but yeah they are simple.I never really liked reading books, funny thing is I read the first two in like 5 days, and thats fast for me, my mom was like O_O;;;;. Read the third one pretty fast too...and the forth took a bit longer. Then the fifth...I wasn't AS interested..took about the same or maybe a little longer than the forth.

Edited by Zenchi (see edit history)