xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NeXDesigns

Msn Messenger 7

Im not really bothered about it, even though I have it.I would still be happy with msn messenger even if I had version 1. but yeh msn messenger has come along and I dont know what else they can put on it.-_-~ Munchie ~

MSN Messenger version 7 is kool..I have a question, i came to know that MSN messenger chat can be monitored by some softwares. Is it true with Version 7 also?If i use Web MSN Messenger client , still those chat monitoring softwares will work?Thanks in advance guys

You mean softwares that edit your MSN, put on new features etc?

Yes, there are softwares, but I'm not sure that they work on the Web MSN Messenger.

I am using one extension, called Messenger Plus!, and you can download it here: http://www.msgplus.net/
This is the most used extension, and is available in alot of languages.

It works in all versions of MSN Messenger, and it works on Windows Messenger. So I think it works on the Web MSN Messenger client.

MSN Messenger 7 seems a little cluttered to me...The nudge feature is nice, and if your on a touch screen laptop then the handwrite feature works awesomely....Other than that its normal

I use the drawing tool sometimes too... Also, I like the personal message that you can write in addition to your nick :DAnd nudges are great!Everything else, like the Meegos thing, and winks, are just stupid... And MSN have too much ads now :P

I've heared some good things about it. I only don't have it because I no longer have internet access at home...Anyway, some people at my site's forums have mentioned it. Not that much, though. I've heard bad and good things about...I think it was the winks. It seems cool to me, but I won't be able to determine how much I actually like it for a while.

tbh ive had good experiences with it so far. There is some problems like being signed in and out at random times and sometimes it blocks your messages, but this is usually down to connection problems. The new winks and the nudge faeture are pretty damn cool. and the the fact you can add emoticons is even better. Video conferencing is also a good feature that has been added, plus they've reskinned the games :P

I know MSN 7.0 seems really wonderful and all, but I really don't think so...

I've been using MSN messenger for 3 years now and I'd have to say that this is the WORST version of MSN messenger I've ever had to use. Ever since upgrading to MSN Messenger 7.0, I've been plagued with tons of problems.

1) I have a big group of friends from my online community and we get into one big chatroom every night. Whenever someone enters or leaves the chatroom, the whole MSN program jams for about 30 seconds. I can't type, i can't press "send", I can't type in other windows, I can't pull up the main window - nothing! (this has happened to my friends too)

2) those winks are really annoying - you can't choose to click them to see the effect. When I'm in the chatroom with my friends, 1 person plays a wink, then 5 other people immediately follow. Then when I get back to the chat window, 6 winks play at once, covering the window so i can't type or read or anything!

3) Chatrooms isn't the only way that MSN 7.0 can jam. Status pop-up windows also jam MSN on a daily basis. In fact it's so bad that I always know when anyone in the chatroom or on my contact list leaves or enters msn, because when msn jams, it makes the rest of my computer slow to a crawl too!

I know those winks and big display pics and handwrite seem cool and all, but did you know that they have existed for over a year on MSN Plus? The whole reason MSN decided to update was because they realised MSN Plus had all these cool features and they wanted to have them on the main MSN instead.

You could say that maybe it's just my com, but:

a) this has happened to other friends of mine in diff countries on diff computer systems

:P MSN 5.5, MSN 6, MSN Beta, MSN Beta 7 all worked just fine on my computer. In fact, I attempted to uninstall MSN 7.0 and to reinstall MSN Beta, but MSN forced me to install MSN 7.0 otherwise it wouldn't let me go online.

So yeah, MSN, you ain't that hot anymore... :D

i love the new msn client 7, apparently yahoo felt left out so they released Yahoo Instant Messanger 7 BETA, which isnt to bad but people who have the earlier clients cannot send you files and its hard for them to add you :D

I like the new MSN 7. It uses more resources, and is about 10MB now for the latest version, but oh well. It's good to have more features, just as long as it's relatively secure. Occasionally I still use MSN 6.2 because of that anoying "Nudge" feature. It once crashed my computer. lol People can abuse it too, so I get sick of it. Now all they have to do is give the user the ability to turn it off. :D

You can turn the Winks off?!?!? *Has to go search for that option* I recently had been rather unhappy with 7.0 enough that i was desperate and went to use my good ol windows messenger.You see, I had been getting a message like every other time i typed/or spurts of like 2 minutes at a time where i get messages saying that my message could not be sent! It was very annoying! but I have reinstalled 7.0 and it seems to be running rather smoothly so I am no longer worried, but yet i am cautious... I hope you all have had better luck than me :P

I simply love MSN Messenger 7. Don't they also have that voice clip function now? I find that function a nice asset to the Messenger. I think MSN Messenger is one of the better messengers on the web.