xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

3g Mobile Phones Have the new 3G phones arrived in your country?

So the new 3G mobile phones are quickly becoming a success - in Japan, at least - with Vodaphone leading the way.How about in your area? Have the 3G phones arrived on the market and are they selling like hotcakes?

Over here, 3G's have come onto the market for about 2/3 months now, i`m not really a fan of it myself as i cant see the point of video calling someone on the move, but there might be a good enough reason in the future. At the moment i`m not rushing to the shops to buy one, but over in the UK orange in particular have advertised heavily on their new 3G phones, as they seem to be the best network in the UK. (even though i cant get a signal where i am) 3G's i think have become popular over here, and aren't going like "hot cakes" at the moment but they are going from the shelves.

Yes, they have arrived here (in Singapore). We now have streaming movies/mtvs available through our service providers. Cool, eh?

tatatee, you're from Singapore too?? And btw, what's the use of 3g phone? I couldnt understand the use of it, can someone tell me?

hype - yeah! :o

Err, what's the use? I don't know. No real life-saving abilities I guess. Just fancy frills. I don't own one. Can't say it's changed any lives... Wasted more time maybe. Haha. Okay, don't listen to me I'm a cynic :D

Think SingTel should have some info on it? http://info.singtel.com/

3g phones are a bit waste of money cause you can already have lots of features with a cheaper phone and you get this expensive phones? What if you lost it, will you cry the whole day about it? :o

Yup 3G in England I want it so bad!!6630 is the phone I want but they?re so expensive if they were just cheaper because I have to pay out for computer and have no money left for a great mobile

Yes, 3G are most a waste of money as they come with features like: WOW, neat!! (after 2 days) Hmm.. taking phone photos? no thanks..It should be cool when more ppl join the video conversation.

little ppl want to engage in the video conversations as it's expensive and not worth it... moreover, little ppl have 3g phones which makes it even harder...

Sounds like it'd be really cool to have one, but I wouldn't BUY one. Like, if one to magically fall from the sky, I'd be like "AWESOME!" but I wouldn't go out and buy one, because then my wallet would say, "NOT AWESOME!".It just seems like a really nice palm pilot with a phone and camera. -_-

So the new 3G mobile phones are quickly becoming a success - in Japan, at least - with Vodaphone leading the way.

How about in your area? Have the 3G phones arrived on the market and are they selling like hotcakes?

70590[/snapback]

Urm, they been out here for ages, and i dont see the point of them, they are just a complete waste of time, i just want a really awesome phone , video calling would be nice but it aint needed :D its boring, the signal has to be on at least 50% to do it, otherwise it says no signal, and there isnt much of a difference in the speed of the internet either, yeah sure now u can use the mobile as ur internet but u could do that anyway, but now all u can do is download a file artound about 3kb/sec while before u could download at 1kb/sec not much of a difference -_-

Here in Germany, they are really selling like hot cakes!My brother bought one, and he always says that I should buy me one, too.I watched a movie on it,... I think it was "Star wars episode 1", and it's quality is very high, same like the costs for it. To watch a movie here in germany you have to pay 3 euros -> circa 4 dollarsBut there's a good thing here in germany: the phones are really cheap