xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Google Bombs

so what does these so-called google bombs do? would it generate more hits to a site? would a site get delisted from google search pages when it appears on its pages? What results does it produce --- GOOD or BAD?

I'm not sure about google bombing, i mean, think about it. I own a buisness, and have my own website, about it. Then, some other guy comes a long, and decides, that, he just google bombs his way up... and he gets into first place even though his website could be about mexican cheese waffles, and mine could be about quamtom mechanics..

One person cannot 'bomb' Google on their own, unless they operate a large network of popular web sites. It generally requires a team of people to get together and each do their part in order for it to work.

I'm not sure about google bombing, i mean, think about it. I own a buisness, and have my own website, about it. Then, some other guy comes a long, and decides, that, he just google bombs his way up... and he gets into first place even though his website could be about mexican cheese waffles, and mine could be about quamtom mechanics..

5152[/snapback]

I completely agree. Google is a search engine, made so people can search and find what they need. So now webblogs can just place a whole bunch of links to a site that they think Google should put first, and Google ('s bots) no longer gets to decide what sites fit certain searches best? Would it be such a bad idea for Google to remove the exploit that allows Google bombing? I mean, no other search engines use it or there would be MSN bombing, Yahoo bombing, AskJeeves bombing, etc. wouldn't there? And how can you say it's good and right to Google bomb your way to the top if it's not as good, as tomecki said? Google should be able to have it's own rating system, without webblogs or multi-hundred domain holders being able to completely bypass it's system.

That is really sad that people take the time to find out what words will make engines crash.

I wonder if the tool can be used by companies selling programs to improve your site rating in google. What if they start selling and earn money by manipulating the googles best tactics. This way google will rank fake sites as ranked and misguide people. I am not too convinced if some one says that google cannot be hacked. They are hacked every now and then but escape the wrath because they have a vast array of backup and distrubited databases. One search in google will give different result in 2 days pages just see\ms gone and you ujust don't find them again the next day.