xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krap

Play Xbox 360 On Hd Laptop What cable do I need?

Hi,I've recentley got myself an xbox 360 but unfortunatley my TV isnt an HDTV (getting one soon) so I can't play in HD which I've heard is much better.Luckily, my laptop is 1080p HD and has got a large screen (for a laptop) but I don't know how to connect them :)Any ideas?Thanks in advance :)

Yeah, I wouldnt go for the external tv tuner, because you really wont enjoy playing your xbox on it because it creates a 1 - 2 second lagg, and that really spoils the game. Believe me I tried it a about a year or so with the first xbox.

Might be too late for the original poster, but there is a device that has been out for a while that can do this, minus the HD part. It works for what it does, and is in-expensive. There's also no lag as stated before. That happens when you try to do this with a regular tuner or PVR, because they buffer the playback, which is what allows you to pause "live" TV. If you have a Tivo or similar device, watch an analog feed on another TV at the same time and you will see it's about 5 seconds or so behind. That is why. Anyways, the device is the Adaptec GameBridge AVC-1400. There is also a 1410 which is the game adapter plus it adds a tuner. It should be noted again that this does NOT have HD inputs. You are only going to get that out of a true tuner, and then you will have the lag.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I just brought a new 37" tv and it is a HD television...it works fine watching channels, and dvd's....but when I use it with my xbxo360, and with the settings on the xbox360 in pal60 mode, the picture quality is reduced dramatically. The text is a bit fuzzy, and the general picture isn't as good. But when it's in pal50 it looks great....and I have just brought halo 3 and you have to run that in pal60 :( Do I need a special HD cable for my xbox to support HD play?? idk why it's doing it....any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Its *only* been 4months... But I saw my bro buy a HD cable before he could play his xbox 360 with HD. So I think you need the cable-reply by anonymous

Dosen

Play Xbox 360 On Hd Laptop

Replying to nutronNO those don't work all they do is jack up your laptop I tried it yesterday and it was hell to get my laptop back to normal.

-reply by UglyOgre0913

What About an HDMIPlay Xbox 360 On Hd Laptop

I have an HP Dv7, and it has an HDMI port, I know that it is an HDMI out, so I can plaug my laptop into an HDTV, can it also be used as an in, so that I can plug my 360 into the laptop and play on the screen?

RaDJ38v2

should doPlay Xbox 360 On Hd Lapto  tekgems.com/Products/et-36449-vid-dc60-bp.htm this is a perfect cable and should do the job