xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neoner

Ms Flight Simulator

Weel I still play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and some add ons, I used to play MFS 95 too :D yeah, the graphics were *&&*%^* but that day it's the best simulation program with good graphics you can have :D

I'm preparing a site about aviation and planes. It should contain informations about history of flight, pioneers of flight and aviation (like Wright brothers, Zeppelin, and others), flight physics and aerodynamics, and some info about todays and past planes. I have one version of the site (in Bosnian) that was created some time ago but without css, and all the styling was done in HTML so I plan to create new site (from stractch, using old materials) that should be better. Anyone interested in cooperation is welcome.

I played the 2002 version of Flight Simulater and I don't know whether it has my joystick or something, but I just found it impossible to control. I just found myself flying around randomly before unavoidably crashing to the ground -_- . If it's that hard for real pilots then I certainly admire them.

I have played MS light simulator in Scool. Ther have in scool bad computers and only this old game work. It is something to play. We have also player Deluxe Ski Jumping 2 -_-

[*Quote*]MS Flight Simulator is one of the best you will find. The best freeware addons (planes of all kinds, scenery, utilities, etc.) can be downloaded at avsim and simaviation. You know, just add the "dot com" to these names in your address bar.The first one is a favorite among Flight simmers. They require a registration and the downloads are password protected. But it's free. They also offer reviews of addons both free or payware, and links to other resources. If you want to become serious about MSFS you ahould get a membership.The second one is completely open. No registration or passwords. They have also gathered a good crowd that share their ideas, add ons, pilot talk, etc. Just as avsim but without its reputation.For those who do not have a state of the art computer to take full advantage of FS2K4, but would like to really feel what flying any kind of aircraft is like: Try FS2K2. Most of the graphics are as good as those of FS2K4. The installation program gives you an option for a compact install. And you do not need a disk in your CD ROM drive as FS2k4. In fact I haven't quit using FS2k2 because its graphics quality is almost the same as FS2k4, but there are much more quality freeware add ons for it than for the latest version. It doesn't swallow your computer resources. And... ...my computer is not as new as I would like. Now, if you prefer war operations (shooting and bombing,) you should try MS Combat Flight Simulator III. I have never used it because I am not very well fond of wars. But I have heard its quality is at least as good as FS2k2.It's true that you need to make some effort when it comes to simulators. This one will require a basic knowledge of aerodynamics. But the name of the game is still FUN!!! Once you get to fly the Cessna 182 properly, (there are tutorials and virtual lessons within the simulator itself,) you may join all kinds of multiplayer virtual flying communities. CIA operations, NASA, airlines, charters...you name it. You can break the sound barrier on a Mig23 or F18, or (like me ,)a NASA T-38 Talon. Or, like I sometimes do... ... fly a piper cub slowly and really low to admire the landscapes, beaches, etc.If any of you want to try one of these simulators and need help, let me know, I will be glad to help out. (for free of course) Best regards,Joe RMexico [*Quote*]ya i was going to buy it today but it takes a lot of space man!! peace

I have heard a lot about MS FS 2004 but I have never tried it out yet. It is something that I am going to have to do real soon I think.Most of my friends have it and love it. I have this one friend that spends all afternoon after he gets home from school playing it until dinner time most days of the week. And Im like man find another game to play ... lolBut I think I am going to have to buy it and give it a try now.

I've played Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - Century of flight, and it seems very realistic. You got almost all the controls that a real pilot has, you get a view of a complete cockpit etc. It's really great and it worths a try :P

Do I need a jostik to play flight simulator??I have seen videos of flight simulator on youtube- I have seen that the people playing the game had to touch many buttons in the plane to make it fly- do I need to know which buttons to touch to make it fly?? can I just use the arrow up and the arrow down of my keyboard to fly my plane???thanks-alex

Oh dear I think I am a little behind the times... I used to have FS2000 for a while, but then in 2003 I got FS2002, and never bothered to get any new ones... I hear the latest is FSX or something? What new planes are there, cities, quality etc? I have some custom content planes for FS2002, the concorde, but the cockpit is all wierd so its hard to fly and theres some sound file missing for it somewhere, so a popup always comes up! And I also have the A380, but it was for FS2004, although the site I got it from said it would work in FS2002, the plane does not come up at all!

I was looking for one of these games from a long time. Actually i am a fan of plane games from when i played one in play station . I think i ll get a demo download of the game from the internet.And yes is the game fun without the joystick also? Or i ll have to buy one. I am low at funds currently.