xisto Community
pyost

10-Year Throwback

I can't really put my finger on what got me thinking about this, but I remembered how much time I had spent on Astahost now more than 10 years ago, and wanted to see if it was still up :) Obviously, Internet trends have changed significantly since, and forums are not as populars as they used to be, but I'm glad to see that this is still up, and that I could actually log in with my old account :D

I do also see a couple of familiar faces usernames (@OpaQue and @yordan to name a few that are still active, @miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG who hasn't been around for a while but with whom I've had great chats on MSN, @MarkyMark who I think at one point shared a great indie song mix) who have persevered, so I thought I'd say hi, and actually recognize that the forum, free hosting, and the community played a significant role in me learning more about web dev and programming, to the point where I ended up studying Computer Science and making a career our of it – 10/10 would do it again.