xisto Community
Becca

Does anyone have a Raspberry Pi/ Arduino?

Mines coming in the post for tomrorow I'm super excited for it to arrive!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has gone and what do they use it for?

I'm going to try running cron jobs / scripts to book my gym classes because theres limited of spaces everyday they get booked up as soon as they go online!

I was also thinking of running a tweetbot and a Pinterest bot?

Any other ideas would be cool :) I bought the Pi over Arduino as I hard you can run multiple tasks which is soo cool!

I can't wait to get it yyeyeyeyeh

I love Arduino and I brought some kits and played with it for fun :)

An Arduino is a microcontroller motherboard. A microcontroller is a simple computer that can run one program at a time, over and over again. It is very easy to use.

As for RasberryPi, I quite do not know what to do with it and hence I have not touched this yet.

A Raspberry Pi is a general-purpose computer, usually with a Linux operating system, and the ability to run multiple programs.

37 minutes ago, OpaQue said:

A Raspberry Pi is a general-purpose computer, usually with a Linux operating system, and the ability to run multiple programs

Of course, depends from the memory size and from the cpu power needed by these programs. Nevertheless, I agree, as far as it's a linux system it's able to do quite a lot of things. I feel more skeptic when the Rapsberry Pi is used with Windows 10.

And of course, I really would love knowing how people use this device, and how satisfied they feel.